PDA

View Full Version : Game Cant Start (80020148)...with EVERYTHING!!!

lark1000
July 1st, 2005, 06:21
im reading posts all over the place and it seems like NO ONE has problems running these games and emulators at all. The most i can get working is the little graphic representing the program i try to run. I realize this error seems to have to do with the PSP having a different version number than what the program supports so does no one upgrade their PSP's version? Many seem to only support 1.0 and mine came brand new with 1.5. Did i make a mistake by downloading the system upgrades? Is there a way to convert these programs to work on 1.52 and whatever other versions?

I'll say this nicely.

When you updated, you screwed yourself over until they make a crack for 1.52

Cross
July 1st, 2005, 06:33
Wait urs is new and it has 1.5 or 1.52? I was not clear there.

To answer ur question, 1.0 and 1.50 will run homebrew beyond that...nope. Soon but not yet

MSX
July 1st, 2005, 06:37
Cross: From what I understand, he got it new with 1.50, and upgraded to 1.52

Sorry man, you'll have to wait until someone finds a way to exploit 1.52 :(.

Cross
July 1st, 2005, 06:39
Yikes... thats y I will not dl any updates directly to the PSP. Ur right I missed that update part.

But there is hope!!! Return that bad boy for another one and hope its ver 1.50!!!

Puerrican718
July 1st, 2005, 15:02
Even if he does return its also possible he'll receive one with ver 1.52 on it. There have been reports of the newer psp bouth with v1.52 already on it. Most of the 1.5 have practically sold out. So good luck man :( Though the ppl that made the crack for 1.5 are already looking into 1.51 & 1.52 so only time will tell if its possible...

lark1000
July 1st, 2005, 15:08
IM sure it will happen. i posted messages on Mames forum that i woudl love to see a MAME brought to the PSP. the people there were saying that will never happen, the hardware could never handle it and some techy stuff like that. well there are versions out now! and as for upgrading, i upgraded it before i realized that people were making homebrew stuff for it and knew that the version number would matter. just wait now i guess

Puerrican718
July 1st, 2005, 15:25
Yup, anything is usually possible :D I remember back when they said emulating the snes on a gba was impossible lol. But then they were proven wrong :D man i died when i started play the original r-type on the gba .... i ...cried... so beautiful...

leggy
July 1st, 2005, 17:00
OP - just wait till yours is cracked and in the meantime there are loads of great games out there to play :)

Gamelver
July 1st, 2005, 18:58
there are???......well, screw those, I'd rather play Chrono Trigger and Super Metroid :p!!!!

Cross
July 1st, 2005, 19:13
lol, I have to agree somewhat with that. I have Ridge Racer, Untold Legends and Need for speed Undreground and still EMU's is what I play the most.

Puerrican718
July 1st, 2005, 21:16
LOL yup, i love ridge racer since it came on ps one but every now and then i gotta turn on the snes and feed my bomberman hunger lol. Cant get enough of it man..

ZEO
July 2nd, 2005, 01:54
I have version 1.50 and i get Game could not be started. (80020001)

Iam tryin to play Faselei! After i seen some game footage the other day on G4TV and it looked awesome. But it seems this emu doesn’t want to cooperate, i tired other games but get the same error.

Cross
July 2nd, 2005, 02:59
....r u using the KX program?

ZEO
July 2nd, 2005, 03:18
nope the only thing i put on there was ngpsp and tried running Faselei! (UE).npc and i wasnt sure if that was a compatable rom so i tried SOL.NGP and it didnt work either.

edit: iam currently in irc #pspemu for faster comunication.

ZEO
July 2nd, 2005, 04:01
i just tried PSPGenesis too with Battletech.7z as the Rom and got the same error . does only certain games work with these emus?

Cross
July 2nd, 2005, 04:44
I have no problem... if your not using the KX explorer then your not going to be able to run Homebrew on a 1.50. You can not just out it on ur memory card and expect it to work with 1.50 you have to use the Exploit. KX. Look around here there are many threads on it or just go to the PSP News section and download SEI psp tool. That will allow u to hide the corrupt files as running homebrew on the 1.50 psp version requires two EBOOT files (And one shows up as corrupt data but does not affect the program, SEI lets u hide it).

ZEO
July 2nd, 2005, 06:01
I was just about to reply about how i used the kx exploit to get them running and everything seems to be working fine. thanks anyways sorry to waste your time.

jayspliff05
July 16th, 2007, 00:43
hi my psp is version 3.50

I was wondering if i could still use the custom firmware 3.51 update?

thanks

J

falco216
July 16th, 2007, 07:26
Way to bump a nearly year old thread,
and to answer your question, if you have a actually copy of lumines, you can, if you don't, your screwed.

use the serach button to try to answer your question, if you cant find the answer make a new thread, dont bump a old one.