PDA

View Full Version : PSP in the microwave!

hibone
September 12th, 2007, 05:44
Can anyone help me here? I’m not a complete noob but I've managed to completely stump myself.

I’ve had my psp since launch in the UK. It has had several different hacked firmwares on it and has had no major issues…….until now.

For some reason I cannot run any kind of homebrew on it now. No Dgen. No snestyl. No bookr. I have no idea what I’ve done to stop these from working. I’ve tried to install the backups I’ve had for years and installed the latest versions of them but I just keep getting the “game cannot be started” error message.

I’ve taken my psp all the way back to 1.5 and then slowly back up to 3.40 oe a and still nothing.

It still plays my umds and isos but not homebrew.

Has anyone had this problem or recognise it? I’ve got nothing left to try but microwave the thing just out of spite.

Come on people. Tell me what needs to be done

PLEEEEEASE!

Gene
September 12th, 2007, 06:03
Go to recovery mode and turn it to 1.5 kernel. this is the most obvious answer, and if it works thats great, but if not, I'd suggest trying to run hen d or something, nothing else i can really think of that will fix your problem. if nothing works I suggest trying to re-download all of your apps, games, and emus. I remember one time a few of my eboots became corrupt after a long period of time. But it was due to a faulty memory stick. so try also using a different memory stick to see if anything at all works.

Good luck by the way.

mike_jmg
September 12th, 2007, 06:05
I don't mean to be rude

But just to clarify, does it work on when you're on 1.50.

When you're on 3.40-OE do you put the homebrew on the ms0:/PSP/GAME150 folder?

Either is this or you have the oddest problem I've ever heard

hibone
September 12th, 2007, 13:12
Go to recovery mode and turn it to 1.5 kernel. this is the most obvious answer, and if it works thats great, but if not, I'd suggest trying to run hen d or something, nothing else i can really think of that will fix your problem. if nothing works I suggest trying to re-download all of your apps, games, and emus. I remember one time a few of my eboots became corrupt after a long period of time. But it was due to a faulty memory stick. so try also using a different memory stick to see if anything at all works.

Good luck by the way.

Changing to the 1.5 kernel works!!

thanks!!!

hibone
September 12th, 2007, 13:14
I don't mean to be rude

But just to clarify, does it work on when you're on 1.50.

When you're on 3.40-OE do you put the homebrew on the ms0:/PSP/GAME150 folder?

Either is this or you have the oddest problem I've ever heard

I've got it working now but even in 1.5 It didn't work. I'm great at breaking my psp but fixing it always takes a little more than i have! I'm not sure why it does now really. I was told to change to 1.5 kernel and that worked.

Thanks for the help though

Gene
September 12th, 2007, 15:24
No problem.

cal360
September 12th, 2007, 15:47
Where's the PSP muderer, I was looking to see someone frying a PSP. :D.

JPJunkie
September 12th, 2007, 16:52
Where's the PSP muderer, I was looking to see someone frying a PSP. :D.

I took it literally! PSP in microwave lol