PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt Data. Sandisk Memory Stick?

charlie110
September 12th, 2007, 06:49
:confused: I just bought a psp and it came with a second hand sony 128mb memory stick. This memory stick works fine.

I wanted a bigger memory stick so i got a sandisk 2gb PRO Duo.

This worked fine at first but then when I formatted it to the psp (because I needed to start putting media files on it) all the game files go corrupt.

I can save files but whenever I go to load it says data is corrupt.

So I got the card replaced but as soon as I formatted it the same problem happens.

Could this problem be that it is a sandisk and not a Sony memory stick?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

alexvander
September 12th, 2007, 12:10
it depends on what firmware your on and what kind of files ur putting on

bah
September 12th, 2007, 12:34
I have both a 1GB standard (blue) and a 4GB Ultra-II (black) sandisk card and have had no issues.

Sandisk cards are 100% as reliable and compatible as sony ones. Fake cards (either labeled sony or sandisk) can cause problems.

So you're saying it worked at first, then you formatted it with the option in the PSP's menu to create a few directories and then it stops working?

I dont see why that would happen, you could try putting the PSP into USB mode and doing a full format via windows, then just creating the folder structure yourself.

There's no need to format the card via the PSP just to create a folder names 'VIDEO' on the root of the memory stick.