PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 help to 1.0

shizzle
July 1st, 2005, 16:32
i have a "homebrew" that i can only find ready with the kxploit loaded onto it. Can i just copy the eboot from the % folder straight to the psp?

Does the kxpolit work with version 1.0 so can i just dump it in there?

Puerrican718
July 1st, 2005, 16:40
Didnt u post something before similar to this??? wasnt sure but lemme see.... first off your not clear enough..... Do you have jap. psp version 1.0 or a US v 1.5 ????
You only use kxploit if you have v1.5 and u use the loader to install the homebrew for you. While with the jap. v1.0 you simply need to put the homebrew in the correct folders. Most homebrew apps have instructions on how to do so. If anything give us a better explanation on your situation.

shizzle
July 1st, 2005, 16:45
it is clear, read again. I can only find the "homebrew program" with it ALREADY formated for use with a 1.5 kxploit method. It's fairly simple, i want to know if i can just take the eboot from the folder xxxx% and use that in my 1.0 psp. Or is it more complicated.

I made clear i have a 1.0 when i said "Does the kxpolit work with version 1.0 so can i just dump it in there?" And does it?

Puerrican718
July 1st, 2005, 16:52
ok ok, i speed readed abit too fast, well im not sure if it is useable. Have you tried putting the 2 folders onto the dir its usually suppose to go to? I havent heard of kxploit not working on v1.0 psp but u never know. If you did try and didnt work then did you see if there is a v1.0 verison for the homebrew. I think i saw a post somewhere saying how to convert 1.5 app to v1.0 i think it was for a ms launcher but that deals with warez so not sure if you'll find a solution in that way here.

shizzle
July 1st, 2005, 16:56
damn. That wouldn't be a tutorial i'm look for. ( cue inconspicuous whistling)

Puerrican718
July 1st, 2005, 17:06
Have you tried using the app anyway??? you never said if it was successful or not or what kind of error you got.

Jeisu
July 1st, 2005, 17:11
it runs unassigned code. You can simply splice the information together and the PSP will accept it if it's 1.0.

I've been able to successfully splice files for myself, you should be able to do so as well.

shizzle
July 1st, 2005, 17:21
it runs then turns black, then goes back to gam menu. how u do that jeisu

xuphorz
July 1st, 2005, 18:50
it runs then turns black, then goes back to gam menu. how u do that jeisu

this might dsound crazy, but it work, i've done it before

in the folder which has the larger pbp file, i think the non % one, rename eboot.pbp (1) to data.psp

using pbp unpacker, extract the contents of the OTHER eboot.pbp (2) file.

conbine the param.sfo and ico.png of the (2) eboot.pbp, and place them with the newly renamed data.psp (1) into a new eboot.pbp

this does work, i've tried it myself :)