PDA

View Full Version : PSP conectivity

stika
September 12th, 2007, 21:17
i was wondering, is there any way to increase the PSPīs internet connection range? me and my neighbour use te same wireless internet, but the signal get kinda weak in my bedroom, so i cant play PSP online there, is there any way to increase the PSPīs detection range?

steve520
September 12th, 2007, 21:36
hmmm... i think there was something u could buy for it online where it increases the range. but i dont think u can do it without it.

NoQuarter
September 13th, 2007, 04:29
I modded my psp's wifi antenna,made a big difference.I stay connected while my friends lose signal :P

ICE
September 13th, 2007, 04:38
what did you do to it?

bah
September 13th, 2007, 05:55
Get a better router, get a repeater or add a directional antenna to the router (obviously that would only increase the reception in the direction its pointed, if others in a different direction need the connection also then not so good).

I guess you could replace the antenna in the PSP with a different one, seems like it would be a hassle.

NoQuarter
September 13th, 2007, 06:11
I removed the psp's original wifi antenna and replaced it with one from a router.Had to hand drill a hole in the back of the psp,looks nice though.I'm going back in so that I can use my cantenna :P

It is a bit of a hassle, unless you like that kind of thing.I enjoy taking things apart and putting them back together.
Totally worth the effort.

Mr-S
September 14th, 2007, 17:23
heehee you and a neighbour <B> share <B/> a wifi point... am i getting the feeling he hasnt got a wep key and youre feeling devious?