PDA

View Full Version : Buying used PSP - anyway to tell age?

noh0pe
July 1st, 2005, 19:04
Hi I found a used PSP over at my local Gamestop and I'm praying that it's 1.50. Are there any possible indications that it could be 1.5 without booting it up? Thanks alot!

Cross
July 1st, 2005, 19:06
umm....no u have to boot it. But if its used I would say u have a good chance. Also did u get the Product replacement plan? If not (I am a former GS employee) I recommend u go get it. its 20.00 and for a year (Which u can extend every year) if anything happens to ur PSP (U drop it, u throw it...anything) as long as u can bring it to the store not working, they will give u another one. U have like 10 days since date of purchase to get it so its def worth it.

xuphorz
July 1st, 2005, 19:07
Hi I found a used PSP over at my local Gamestop and I'm praying that it's 1.50. Are there any possible indications that it could be 1.5 without booting it up? Thanks alot!

without actually booting it up no. it may say 1001 on the side, but the old owner might have updated it

you're gonna have to try to talk the employee into booting it :(

Cross
July 1st, 2005, 19:09
On that any GS employee will let u boot it and test games on it. Hell u can test the used GBA and PSP games on ur handheld anytime. I would think the only reason ur not turning it on is that it has not battery power. But if u talk him into plugging it in which he should have no problem with (esp if he is not busy).

Puerrican718
July 1st, 2005, 20:53
Yeah just tell the guy if you can test it out for afew secs to verify its in working condition you kno.

leggy
July 2nd, 2005, 11:35
If they want the sale they will boot it up for you.