PDA

View Full Version : Slim - Component-in on SDTV

V1ru5
September 13th, 2007, 08:16
I have an SDTV with component inputs and I was wondering if I would be able to play games through the slim on it. Sony just says Component is required and not progressive scan.

kool hAnd G1mp
September 14th, 2007, 14:34
Page 18 of the Slim manual..
" Notice:video from games can be output only when the TV in use and the cable supports progressive scan."

So no.

jamotto
September 14th, 2007, 15:06
If your SDTV supports 480p which is fairly rare, then yes it should work. If it supports only 480i then your out of luck.

PSmonkey
September 14th, 2007, 21:29
If your SDTV supports 480p which is fairly rare, then yes it should work. If it supports only 480i then your out of luck.

480p tv are not overly rare. They are just called EDTV (Enhanced Def).

The user should check his TV manual and see if its a EDTV or notes the support for 480p.

jamotto
September 15th, 2007, 03:20
480p tv are not overly rare. They are just called EDTV (Enhanced Def).

My mistake then, the last time I was in the market for a TV 480p was almost unheard of.

Klaoth
September 15th, 2007, 03:48
Page 18 of the Slim manual..
" Notice:video from games can be output only when the TV in use and the cable supports progressive scan."

So no.

What about supports progressive scan means that it's needed? A cable can work for both standard and progressive scan.

kool hAnd G1mp
September 15th, 2007, 03:52
What about supports progressive scan means that it's needed? A cable can work for both standard and progressive scan.
Notice:video from games can be output only when the TV in use and the cable supports progressive scan

The part that says video output only works when the TV supports progressive scan.