PDA

View Full Version : Todays Google logo

VampDude
September 13th, 2007, 13:17
It's Roald Dahl's birthday today (although he died somewhat 17 years ago on November 23rd), so the Google logo today is dedicated to Roald Dahl who wrote such stories as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach, The BFG, George's Marvelous Medicine and many other great children's story books. He is one of the writers that should be read about, and his books should be read because he wrote some great stories (which some ended up being made into films). :)

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/Google-Roald_Dahl.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roald_Dahl)

SnesR0X
September 13th, 2007, 16:20
I used to really like James and the Giant Peach.
Good man.

Sonicboy 101
September 13th, 2007, 16:25
I loved some of Roald Dahl's books.
Rest in peace my friend.

VampDude
September 13th, 2007, 16:35
The first Roald Dahl book I sat and read from start to finish was George's Marvelous Medicine, but before ever reading the books I saw the B.F.G. cartoon and the Charlie and the Chocolate factory film. He did some great work on children's stories, plus he led an eventful life :)

JPJunkie
September 13th, 2007, 16:38
I love Charley and the Chocolate Factory

I have read the book and seen both films

Roald Dahl was a legend

R.I.P

blackrave
September 13th, 2007, 17:09
I've read some books by him, including George's Marvelous Medicine and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, as well as Matilda and The Witches, and have also seen movies based on his books, like the three last I mentioned. Since he was half Norwegian, he's had a little part in my education, too, and "easter eggs" can be found in his books and the movies because of this, so that's a bit cool.

A very good and funny writer. :)

VampDude
September 13th, 2007, 17:20
I've read some books by him, including George's Marvelous Medicine and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, as well as Matilda and The Witches, and have also seen movies based on his books, like the three last I mentioned. Since he was half Norwegian, he's had a little part in my education, too, and "easter eggs" can be found in his books and the movies because of this, so that's a bit cool.

A very good and funny writer. :)

He wasn't half Norwegian, he was Norwegian (both his parents were) thou he was born in Wales :)

cal360
September 13th, 2007, 17:37
I read a lot of his books when I was younger and I loved them :D.

ExcruciationX
September 13th, 2007, 17:42
I read a lot of his books when I was younger and I loved them :D.
Same here.

Accordion
September 13th, 2007, 17:48
it was the lamb!

blackrave
September 13th, 2007, 20:16
He wasn't half Norwegian, he was Norwegian (both his parents were) thou he was born in Wales :)

Oh, right, thanks for correcting me! :)
I thought only his mother was Norwegian.

VampDude
September 13th, 2007, 20:20
Oh, right, thanks for correcting me! :)
I thought only his mother was Norwegian.

Nope, both of his parents were :)

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roald_Dahl) says:

Roald Dahl was born at 32 Fairwater Road, Llandaff, Cardiff, Wales in 1916, to Norwegian parents, Harald Dahl (from Sarpsborg, Østfold) and Sofie Magdalene Dahl née Hesselberg. Dahl's family moved from Norway and settled in Cardiff in the 1880s