PDA

View Full Version : Bricked PSP please help! Thanks!

idunbrokeit
September 13th, 2007, 14:06
OK guys, I am a n00b at downgrading PSPs so please bear with me.

My psp came with firmware version 2.81.

My friend lent me a copy of his Japanese lumines (with the proper serial number) for downgrading my PSP to 1.50. So, I followed the steps on n00bz.eu for first upgrading to firmware version 3.5, then downgrading to version 1.5.

This process was accomplished and it was running fine. Then in comes the user error. Without deleting the flash files from lumines I attempted to play lumines (yes, I realize I toaly f'ed up here). So then the software attempted to run the downgrade again (as it is naturally designed to do). And of course, this is where the problems started.

I shut down the PSP as fast as I could (panicked), upon turning the PSP back on I was met with the blue screen of death (as you would assume).

But the odd thing is, the PSP would still turn on, it would still make noise, and you could still scroll thru menus but without a screen. Eventually I figured out if i had the power adapter plugged in, then unplugged it the screen would come on, but for a limited time, then it would go off again, then I would plug the AC adapter back in, unplug it, then the screen would come on, etc. So maybe its a half-brick? But I digress....

So, before doing the following, I checked the firmware version on the PSP (because, as I previously stated I am still able to boot the PSP, view the menus just by plugging in and unplugging the AC Adapter). I was still on 1.5. So in an attempt to correct the issue, I attempted to run the downgrade again. This of course did not work, and gave me an error (forgive me, at this point I cannot remember the error).

My next step was to attempt the Pandora Battery to correct the issue. So, I followed the instructions to the letter, making the battery, etc. I ran the Pandora's battery, BUT, the issue still persists. It should be noted that right at this moment I DO NOT have a non-pandora'd battery. I did attempt to backup the battery and then replace the eeprom for the batter after the pandora process was complete but it threw an error. So, as of this moment, if I take out the battery, plug in the AC adaptor, turn on the PSP the screen is still black, it still makes noise. I can then put the battery into the PSP, and unplug the AC Adaptor and the screen will be on for a limited time. At this point I am at a loss for what to do. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mods, if this is in the wrong spot, please move the thread!

If necessary I can take a video of whats going on with the PSP. If it is necessary, please let me know!

jxx2005
September 13th, 2007, 14:50
should be in the help thread, which should have been the first place you looked if you needed help

i'd move it but i'm not a mod

idunbrokeit
September 13th, 2007, 15:04
will paste in there and delete this thread thanks!

Cloudhunter
September 13th, 2007, 18:26
This is VERY simple. Just press the brightness button on the PSP :) It is a TA-082/086.

I believe you can use ChillyWilly's key cleaner to help fix the problem.

Cloudy

Edit: I see you've fixed it in your other thread. Glad to hear it :)