PDA

View Full Version : Will pandoras battery work with 3.70 slim?

Nikolaos
September 13th, 2007, 21:44
I can't get my hands on a pandora battery yet so I figured why not upgrade from 3.60 to 3.70 since it has some cool features. It does not have any security changes or anything, can anyone confirm that installing 3.60 M33 on psp slim 3.70 works?

Nikolaos
September 13th, 2007, 22:57
anyone?

xg917
September 13th, 2007, 23:41
umm it should i think. since pandora cant be blocked. im not sure though.

Cloudhunter
September 14th, 2007, 02:41
No, installing 3.60 M33 on 3.70 doesn't work, as you already need 3.60 installed.

Cloudy

ICE
September 14th, 2007, 03:04
i think he meant does pandora still load which it does.

Cloudhunter
September 14th, 2007, 04:59
i think he meant does pandora still load which it does.

can anyone confirm that installing 3.60 M33 on psp slim 3.70 works?

My answer was correct ;)

Yes, pandora will still load - but will you be able to do anything useful with 3.70 on a slim right now? The answer is no.

Most likely the new M33 (which shouldn't take long) will install standalone anyway through pandora though, so no worries.

Cloudy

ICE
September 14th, 2007, 05:12
i just scanned over his question and misread ;)

[HP]
September 14th, 2007, 16:56
I see...
So guys, as we all know, PSP slim and PSP flat have different batteries, is it possible to make a Pandora's battery out of a PSP slim battery?

JPJunkie
September 14th, 2007, 17:52
PSP Slims have homebrew now?
I have to get one then:)

Nikolaos
September 14th, 2007, 22:08
ok cloudy, the battery reflashes the psp so would it matter if i got 3.70? it does not use any of the current firmware for installation, just uses kernel to launch... hence cant i get 3.60 M33 on 3.70?

Cloudhunter
September 15th, 2007, 00:02
The patches it will install to the firmware will be 3.60 specific - and won't work on 3.70.

As of now, 3.60 M33 isn't a full reflash.

Cloudy

Nikolaos
September 16th, 2007, 00:49
So depending on how M33 chooses to install the next cfw you will need the actual fw for installing?
so once they make 3.70-3.71 M33 I will be good?

ICE
September 16th, 2007, 02:42
yup.

rogerbeaver
September 16th, 2007, 04:58
sorry to hijack the thread but i've done the stupid thing and upgraded to 3.71 orginal firmware.

Could i downgrade when m33 3.71 comes out with the pandora unbricker?

i'm new to this thats why i upgraded and checked for custom firmware when it was too late :'(

nikkinguyen
September 16th, 2007, 05:02
there might be a fix coming out for 3.70. So don't upgrade anymore. I am sure that 3.71 will be harder to do..because $ony is now aware.

rogerbeaver
September 16th, 2007, 05:04
So i'm screwed then since i'm on 3.71 ? :(

XArt
September 16th, 2007, 15:51
Sony can't prevent pandora battery from working on slim PSP, it is too late for Sony to do anythink but make it not possible in the future to create pandora batterys by start producing none programable batterys for future PSP they sell.

But can't stop other makers of PSP batterys doing the same unless some licence makes them comply to Sony demand for them to do so.

ever way, it wouldn't stop it, just make it a bit more harder . the PSP hardware can't be changed, it is down to hardware and not software so sony has a big problem here.
Bottom line is
Sony lost the battle.

But don't expect newer revisions of PSP Slims to be like this, they will change the method of putting the PSP in service mode.

Just wait and a nice user frendly pandora will be released for PSP slim, it is down to the fact that PSP slim dosn't work with 1.50 firmware like the original PSP so it will just take time for them to get round this and release a universal pandora that is PSP & PSP Slim compatible

You can use pandora on slim but is tricky and can brick your PSP if you don't know what you are doing, advise you to wait and enjoy your PSP Slim untill a new Pandora is released.

Pandora battery will not change, just the Magic Stick side of it as 1.50 is used and PSP Slim dosn't like 1.50

rogerbeaver
September 16th, 2007, 16:06
Thank you XArt :)

hacksparrow
September 17th, 2007, 00:04
sorry to hijack the thread but i've done the stupid thing and upgraded to 3.71 orginal firmware.

Could i downgrade when m33 3.71 comes out with the pandora unbricker?

i'm new to this thats why i upgraded and checked for custom firmware when it was too late :'(OMG, whenever i see these i get extremely frustrated & do not ever wanna help. i can see why some of the experienced modders are so easily irkd. how the *uck do you accidentally upgrade via network update? wot a load of horse$hit

Lodis
September 17th, 2007, 00:21
there might be a fix coming out for 3.70. So don't upgrade anymore. I am sure that 3.71 will be harder to do..because $ony is now aware.

It will never matter what firmware version you have and regardless of what Sony do, they will not be able to stop Pandora from working unless they physically modify the Psp Slim's hardware.

The only reason why it does not currently work with 3.70/1 is because of how it has been coded, once M33 code a method allowing us to downgrade to official 3.60 firmware then it will be able to unbrick any ''soft'' brick.

The only thing that Sony might be able to do in terms of firmware is to make it more difficult to create Custom firmware from.

rogerbeaver
September 17th, 2007, 07:30
lol if you dont want to help then don't read my post Hacksparrow. Your attituide stinks and i've only seen one of your posts!

Damn if i had to be round you any longer than this you would be done for!

Like i said i'm new to the PSP hacking scene. I just had the psp slim and i just ran the updates. Yes it was my choice but at no point did i say it was accident!.

I Came across this site hours after the update and i read a few post on custom firmwares.

Anyway i'm only intrested in help from kind ppl who are willing to give it not the $hitty attitude from you.

From this point i'm going to ignor you. End of. Any trouble from you and i'll report you since thats all i can do online here.

I Would like to say sorry to the topic creator and everyone who reads the offtopic replys

anyway back on topic. I guess things will become clear once the next few updates come out from M33 then.

The_Budds
September 17th, 2007, 07:58
I all ready have m33 custom firmware on my slim, but i've gone and forgot to back-up my flash0

if it's possible can anyone send me

commongui.prx
commonutil.prx

I know i've shoulda backed everything up now i must turn to the community for help.

feight
September 20th, 2007, 03:24
OMG, whenever i see these i get extremely frustrated & do not ever wanna help. i can see why some of the experienced modders are so easily irkd. how the *uck do you accidentally upgrade via network update? wot a load of horse$hit

He didn't say he upgraded on accident, he said he upgraded before he found out there was a custom firmware available.

Calm down, count to ten, read the whole post.

On topic, I can't speak for the coders but I am fairly sure it's only a matter of time before they come out with a Slim friendly Pandora creating app so that Fats are not required in the equation anymore.

As it stands right now, even with a homebrew-capable Slim you can't make a Pandora without a Fat because the app for creating Pandoras is 1.50 kernel which Slims can't currently run.

hacksparrow
September 21st, 2007, 23:52
lol if you dont want to help then don't read my post Hacksparrow. Your attituide stinks and i've only seen one of your posts!

Damn if i had to be round you any longer than this you would be done for!

Like i said i'm new to the PSP hacking scene. I just had the psp slim and i just ran the updates. Yes it was my choice but at no point did i say it was accident!.

I Came across this site hours after the update and i read a few post on custom firmwares.

Anyway i'm only intrested in help from kind ppl who are willing to give it not the $hitty attitude from you.

From this point i'm going to ignor you. End of. Any trouble from you and i'll report you since thats all i can do online here.

I Would like to say sorry to the topic creator and everyone who reads the offtopic replys

anyway back on topic. I guess things will become clear once the next few updates come out from M33 then.

wow you are seriously some idiot. hmm, let's see my psp help count around 2000? i want 2 help sure, but when you have intentions of moddin of any kind, you research & do nothin first. doesnt sound like you're just a newbie 2 psp, but newbie 2 moddin. & yeah i'm an as$hole, people like you made me this way

on topic...why do people want 3.7 anyway? there are some bull$hit features on it that we can do on 3.6 save for brickin ofcourse & i don't think we could unbrick due 2 the fact we do not have a 3.6 eboot.

i think durin a brick, recover 2 3.70 is possible unless we get a 3.6 bogus

hacksparrow
September 21st, 2007, 23:55
I all ready have m33 custom firmware on my slim, but i've gone and forgot to back-up my flash0

if it's possible can anyone send me

commongui.prx
commonutil.prx

I know i've shoulda backed everything up now i must turn to the community for help.you shouldn't request flash files through the forum ask some1 through pm. but if everythin is nominal in your slim then you can backup anytime