PDA

View Full Version : Best current custom firmware

random_man_9987
September 13th, 2007, 23:38
Hey, I'm quite new to the homebrew scene and I'd just like to ask what the current best custom firmware is?

I have 3.40 oe-a but when I look around on google I find a bunch of newer custom firmwares, and rather than just picking one I thought I'd ask some experts which one is best!

Also (stupid question here) how do I upgrade from 3.40oe-a to a new custom firmware? I'm assuming it's pretty easy but I don't actually know!!

Thanks for any help!

alexvander
September 14th, 2007, 02:13
i would say 3.52 m33 and update 4 the instructions are in the readme provided with the firmware

Johnny Rash
September 14th, 2007, 05:50
i would say 3.52 m33 and update 4 the instructions are in the readme provided with the firmware

I agree.

I've been really reluctant to switch to a M33 firmware and leaving Dark_Alex's work behind. But I must admit, it is just as stable as DAX's work with more features.

V3N0M
September 14th, 2007, 06:02
Oh and if your curious about the variety of custom firmware’s available for the PSP and want some more information on them I would suggest going to my "PSP Custom Firmware Reference". I try to keep it as updated as possible. ( Just click the blue link in my sig..;) )

random_man_9987
September 14th, 2007, 12:30
Cheers for the replies.

So what's the differences between 3.52 m33 and my current 3.40oe-a?

Is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks!

alexvander
September 14th, 2007, 12:39
it has umd movie iso support, alter the cpu speed, use fake regions from whats in the top of my mind since i must be quick since i got to catch my bus soon

random_man_9987
September 14th, 2007, 12:49
Ok that sounds good, though not sure if I need any of that right now.

My only other question (sorry) is how do I convert PSX iso's into being playable on my PSP? I downloaded Thrill Kill and it was an eboot.pbp file which worked great, but how do I get my Metal Gear Solid PSX ISO file into that format (or another format that would work on the PSP)?

I've read about something called Autopopstation, but it's quite confusing. I wish I could find some simple guides that explained all this stuff!!

(On that point V3nom - great guide to firmwares, explained a lot to me. Only recommendation would be a paragraph at beginning or end explaining what are the current best firmwares and their pros and cons)

Cheers!

JPJunkie
September 14th, 2007, 16:55
Ok that sounds good, though not sure if I need any of that right now.

My only other question (sorry) is how do I convert PSX iso's into being playable on my PSP? I downloaded Thrill Kill and it was an eboot.pbp file which worked great, but how do I get my Metal Gear Solid PSX ISO file into that format (or another format that would work on the PSP)?

I've read about something called Autopopstation, but it's quite confusing. I wish I could find some simple guides that explained all this stuff!!

(On that point V3nom - great guide to firmwares, explained a lot to me. Only recommendation would be a paragraph at beginning or end explaining what are the current best firmwares and their pros and cons)

Cheers!

Are you talking about ISO's because if you are read the forum rules! Sorry if I'm wrong

random_man_9987
September 14th, 2007, 17:06
Ah it seems that you can't talk about getting ISOs to run on your console, so I guess that includes this. I own Metal Gear Solid for PS1 (in fact I own two copies) and ripped the ISO from that so I thought it'd be okay, but I guess it's still against the rules.

Sorry!