PDA

View Full Version : WinPSP - First PSP OS

MSX
July 2nd, 2005, 06:32
Hi there guys,

Just wanted to inform you that I'm currently beta testing WinPSP, an OS for PSP.

I've taken some pics with my digital cam, but it sucks (sorry). Fluff (the dev) is going to code in a screen dump so you can get better pics of it.

Pics here: http://sonyscene.com/winpsp/

What's working right now:
- Dragging icons
- Renaming icons
- Virtual keyboard
- Mouse (controlled by analog stick)
- "right-click" style menus on icons and desktop when pressing triangle.

The current menu that pops up when clicking icons has the following options:
- Load Program
- Rename
- Change Icon
- Rescan
- Uninstall

Edit: Pics removed, since most of the public is calling BS...we will blow you away in 1-2 weeks with a public release ;).

Enjoy!

Žeddragon
July 2nd, 2005, 06:51
*dies* thats awesome! Better then the Linux for Ds lol.

Cap'n 1time
July 2nd, 2005, 07:08
... os? more like a file manager.

*dies* thats awesome! Better then the Linux for Ds lol.
you should be shot.

rest05
July 2nd, 2005, 07:15
can u upload the files for winpsp??? or a link

Žeddragon
July 2nd, 2005, 07:19
he is a Beta Tester. And I don't think the Programmer (naoneo) would like to release something not done. lol

((They talk in the Team Xecuters IRC)) *cough*

MSX
July 2nd, 2005, 09:52
reddragon is right; Fluff (naoneo) is deving it, and he let me private beta test it since I'm a friend.

After a little feuding, and people calling it fake, we've decided to take down the screenshots, and let the public think it's fake, so that we can blow you away in 1-2 weeks when the first public beta is released.

Puerrican718
July 2nd, 2005, 17:22
I'm willing to wait, from what i hear and considering the friends you guys have with relieable sources, unlike other certain sites we need not mention... im willing to wait. Mayne people thought the swap ms thing was bs at first and look what happened.

Cross
July 2nd, 2005, 17:56
Well I may not have gotten to see the pics but u def have me 100% interested. I could careless what others think I just want to see what I can do with it.

Puerrican718
July 2nd, 2005, 20:22
http://www.pspupdates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482&highlight=windows

From what it looks its said to be fake so idk... only time will tell.

Cap'n 1time
July 2nd, 2005, 20:31
not only do i think its a hoax, but its a really lame ass thing to try to make.

its not funny at all, its just stupid. I highly recomend this is locked.

This is actually possible. but its still a load of bullshit... even if it did exist, it would just be some stupid window manager- not an OS.
there is only one psp that will ever run windows... and its this giant one!

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/0806803035735557.JPG?0.28348649601657805

shizzle
July 2nd, 2005, 21:01
not only the public but also the author by the looks of it. Could just be this guy saying he is working with that dev, and has taken down the photos because they are just his screenies of that video. I think we should keep it open and wait for a while, then ban him if he doesn't fork over the goods , because one thing that really doesn't look good for these forums is fakes. As you probably know the other sites post their news relating to the other forums around, so if we have fakes screwing with the community, it only pushes things backwards.

Oh yea and lol at 1stimeuser

F34R
July 2nd, 2005, 21:33
yea by the looks from the post at that link, its a fake... but only time will tell for 100% sure. He even goes on to admit in that post that its a complete FAKE.

MSX
July 2nd, 2005, 23:01
Ok, first off, the pics aren't of that video, and second, these are 2 different apps.

Shizzle, why would I lie about something like this? I look to dcemu and other PSP sites for news, and I wouldn't like it if I got excited over something then found out it was fake, so I would definitely not want anyone else to go through the same thing. Depending on how well things go in the next week, you'll see it in the next week, if not, the max is about 2 weeks.

Also, I've put up 4 pics, no more, no less, and only for a limited time.

Oh, and 1timeuser, it's more of a dash than an OS.

shizzle
July 2nd, 2005, 23:04
where are the mystery pics then?

MSX
July 2nd, 2005, 23:27
http://sonyscene.com/winpsp/ --- from my first post.

F34R
July 2nd, 2005, 23:33
all of those give me a 404 error: Forbidden. Anyways... if this is fake, and you are touting it as real, its really going to hurt your rep on these boards. I have witnessed this first hand, on other boards. A friend of mine was very mad with me, and decided he was going to post a fake story about me being involved in piracy and the fbi visited me, etc.. and even though I posted an apology shortly after I found out about the post.. I was banned from several forums, and IRC channels. Thank god he didnt post that crap on here, and pspupdates.com seem to have forgiven me for the bad thread.

MSX
July 2nd, 2005, 23:45
F34R, I'm aware that I would no longer be wanted if I was lying, and I'm not, so I have nothing to worry about.

For reference, the beta right now is about 1.2MB on the memory stick.

And, I've fixed the error.

Onetonbullet
July 3rd, 2005, 02:37
Give him a break guys.....nothing would be better than a dash for PSP...Hopefully it will support the loading of firmware....Imagine:
Want to play your fav emu? Load 1.0
Want to play your fav UMD? Load sony's current firmware.
And if this IS indeed true, imagine the possibilities:
Fully functional browser, or media center...

I hope that it is real...Needs a new name however...PSPDASH or somthing.

Shannon
July 3rd, 2005, 02:46
Pictures loaded fine for me.....

MSX
July 3rd, 2005, 07:04
Pics are now disabled.

shizzle
July 3rd, 2005, 11:20
ffs , enable them for 5 minutes then turn them off again. Why not just post pics, it will blow us all away whether we see it or not.

Cross
July 3rd, 2005, 17:01
After reading the thread were the author calls fake now I am worried. I will wait and see, esp since for some damn reason the pics are SO special that they can only be opened for 5 minutes...

MSX
July 3rd, 2005, 18:55
They weren't only enabled for "5 minutes".

I'll leave them up for another 24 hours, no more, no less.

Oh, and Cross, why are you worried? Like I said in another post, these are 2 completely different things.

-------------

And before you say ZOMGWTF!1!!!!one!1!eleven!1! THAT IS TEH FAKE!!1 because of the BIOS bootup, it's a joke...it's actually in the app, but it's there as a joke, note that Secondary Slave is ps2dev.

shizzle
July 3rd, 2005, 19:36
and how exactly is this windows, assuming it's not a fake for a second. Is this actually from some windows source of your own file manager. I fail to see what it does exactly. It has a keyboard and a desktop, with a task bar to make it look more convincing. We can also rename some icons.

Blury perhaps to cover up sharp edges made using paint. I'm not making any rash decetions but doesn't look as if it would benefit me, ie being able to rename some files.

Jeisu
July 3rd, 2005, 20:00
Interesting photos. I'm really curious if this is an actual program.

I say we should just wait it out until it is finally released.

Puerrican718
July 4th, 2005, 03:35
another thing is that also why the name?? You do realize Microsoft will eventually send you a cease and desist letter like popcap did for bejeweled. Your using there name which confuses consumers and gonna make money (if its real). So sooner or later another name will have to come.

xuphorz
July 4th, 2005, 03:39
"Detecting Secondary Master: Fluff"?
did you custom name that?

robbbert
July 4th, 2005, 14:57
Interesting pics. I'm not going to comment on their authenticity, I'll leave that to others to decide. I guess it's more a front-end rather than a complete OS. As long as it's not called Windows it should be safe - it only has a most superficial resemblance to Windows(r). Microsoft certainly won't lose any money or sleep over it.

MSX
July 4th, 2005, 20:49
Pics are now disabled.

shizzle: I never said this was a Windows port....it's made to look like Windows, and it's a dash, rather than an OS. You can launch apps, delete apps, will have support for modules, so that other developers can release add-ons for it. It will be completely open source, as a project this big would be very hard to keep going on it's own. There are other features that will be in the first public beta, which I can't tell you about, but you will be amazed, and I know it will be on your PSP once it's released.

Puerrican718: You do realize what you said doesn't make sense, right? It's not called Windows PSP, Windows for PSP, it's called WinPSP, there's nothing they can do about that, and oh, Fluff is thinking about another name regardless. Also...how wil this make money, it's going to be completely free :rolleyes:.

xuphorz: That's a joke...Fluff is the developer, and it's saying he's the "master", with ps2dev as the "slave".

And to anyone who posted or didn't, that thinks these are fake, I could care less. I have no interest in deceiving you, so you can just wait until the public beta is released.

shizzle
July 4th, 2005, 21:05
well, i didn't say i wouldn't get it did i. I'm looking forward to see it, if it actually does anything. WinS looks prety cool, will it be anything like that. That has a paint app, which i am greatly anticipating for the psp, and a notepad. I hope this isn't a fake yet i've learned so far that it's always good to take a pecimistic veiw . Any idea when so called public beta will come out, anything past next friday will look a bit sketchy...

Puerrican718
July 4th, 2005, 21:17
I assumed it was gonna bost becuase on the site it said it would cost about $20 before ont devs. site so dont blame me for assuming. But yea it says WinPSP but when you packaging it with a windows background and look ofcourse microsoft is gonna be watching you guys as they can be strict, as from what i saw on the videos and stuff. You never know what could happen. Look at apple. A company is already suing them for taking their look of a program they did before itunes existed in which the developers actually took ideas from... all i was basically saying was becareful thats all

Kaiser
July 4th, 2005, 22:29
I assumed it was gonna bost becuase on the site it said it would cost about $20 before ont devs. site so dont blame me for assuming. But yea it says WinPSP but when you packaging it with a windows background and look ofcourse microsoft is gonna be watching you guys as they can be strict, as from what i saw on the videos and stuff. You never know what could happen. Look at apple. A company is already suing them for taking their look of a program they did before itunes existed in which the developers actually took ideas from... all i was basically saying was becareful thats all

Yes the world is owned by microsoft they're always watching. No kidding man they probably own you!

J@F
July 4th, 2005, 22:55
I think what you're referring is different than what MSX was talking about.

xuphorz
July 4th, 2005, 22:59
i ain't saying it's real or fake.
if it's real, sweeeeeeet
if it's fake, oh well. won't make a huge difference

i'm completely neutral
http://tfp.killbots.com/fanart/bofr/005_alien_neutral.gif

ooops, a tense big
delete that pic if you want, or i could :rolleyes:

shizzle
July 4th, 2005, 23:07
no, we have no strong feelings about the pic one way or another.

Cross
July 4th, 2005, 23:23
ROFLMAO on that pic I vote STAY!!

Anyway hey MSX can u email me the pics? Since they go up and down and I am just really curius to see it. I like the idea no matter what the name I want to see what it does, I would like to be able to browse my PSP main folder and delete/add etc wehn ever I want without connecting to my pc. The more I can do with my PSP the more useful it is.

umicross(at)direcway.com

Onetonbullet
July 5th, 2005, 00:05
I just thought of a fantastic feature to include...
Give WinPSP a host function...That way you could pull data from devices pluged into the usb. iPods, thumbdrives, etc...

Cross
July 5th, 2005, 00:08
excellent idea!!

shizzle
July 5th, 2005, 00:15
if posible...

xuphorz
July 5th, 2005, 00:26
did someone delete my pic?
or did the bandwidth go over again?

Puerrican718
July 5th, 2005, 15:56
I just thought of a fantastic feature to include...
Give WinPSP a host function...That way you could pull data from devices pluged into the usb. iPods, thumbdrives, etc...

I doubt thats possible since the psp has the opposite end of a usb, you would need some modded form of a cable, which isnt even guaranteed to work. If its real maybe through networking it could be like to access files on another pc like the xbox does. Someone already came out with a ftp program so who knows whats possible.

shizzle
July 5th, 2005, 20:38
you can get usb b to usb b cables...

The psp firmware doesn't allow for the psp to interact with anything other than in usb mode though. The way that ipoding etc would require a modded cable from the memory stick...

xuphorz
July 5th, 2005, 20:41
that reminds me....
think a modchip will ever come out for psps? :confused:

parabolee
July 5th, 2005, 21:02
THIS IS FAKE.

AUTHOR admited it. In case some people are still believers.

Cap'n 1time
July 5th, 2005, 23:01
my money is with ps2dev... sorry.

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=2445&sid=ac6b6b6fbfd938378ef53e96f0cc6e14

is there reallya post screen displaying the award bios logo? if so... thats the lamest thing I have ever heard in my ENTIRE life!

xuphorz
July 5th, 2005, 23:15
my money is with ps2dev... sorry.

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=2445&sid=ac6b6b6fbfd938378ef53e96f0cc6e14

is there reallya post screen displaying the award bios logo? if so... thats the lamest thing I have ever heard in my ENTIRE life!

keep forgetting i'm banned from ps2dev.org forums :p

is this the exact same person that admited it was fake on that forum?
i remember reading that, but this is the same guy?

shizzle
July 5th, 2005, 23:22
Parabolee do you ever read the thread you are repling to, i mean it is 5 pages long but before you question its integurity it generally a good idea to do so. I mean 1timeuser put some evidence towards telling us his opinion, rather than saying it definatly is fake, even though the thing you are talking about is completely different. Its already been covered several times in this thread that that is a different "os".

To be honest the guys at ps2dev don't have all the info, they don't seem to understand that the bios is meant as a joke.

Personaly i don't have high hopes for this "OS" as at the end of the day it just seems to be a graphical version of some file selectors.

The guys at ps2dev do have one thing right, why is this guy holding the release back. It seems full enough if that is real to realease it now. The funny thing is if he doesn't release it soons is that MSX will pretty much be screwed for all of this. Perhaps MSX you can get him to release a BETA now along with some source code rather than being an ass and keeping us waiting. People won't get worked up because of the suspence and then be really greatful , they'll think why didn't this noob release it two weeks ago, if he did it would be a lot lot better now because of all the deving on it.

Good luck msx.

This has untill next monday in my opinion, after that i think it will die down and be far less important when it eventually is released, much like the psp situation in europe.

Cap'n 1time
July 5th, 2005, 23:55
keep forgetting i'm banned from ps2dev.org forums :p

is this the exact same person that admited it was fake on that forum?
i remember reading that, but this is the same guy?

its mostly just the ps2 people finding the pics laufable. one of the admins thinks its a fake but wont post it in the hall of shame as it's too funny.

ps2dev.org might not get ALL the info. but they do have some members that are extremely important to the psp coding scene. for instance, mr. brown and his sdk. and psppet whos famed for his program that is the first homebrew program to take advantage of net code- which has birthed httpd and ftpd for the psp and probably more soon.

MSX
July 6th, 2005, 06:29
1timeuser: Yeah, there's a BIO screen...if you read through my posts in this thread, I stated that Fluff put it in as a joke. Note that the people on ps2dev didn't actually read what was after primary master/slave, secondary master/slave.

Oh well, they'll be the first ones eating their ****ing words when it's released.

Oh, and shizzle, right now it's not doing anything 'big' enough, except for the...wait...can't tell you about it's biggest beta feature, but wait and you shall see.

RedKing14CA
July 6th, 2005, 08:10
WHEN shall we see? bloody hell, i thought it was open source? well i read through all your 5 pages, thouroughly, i beleive you its real, since i think i remember you releasing other things, but why hold back? what pleasure do you get, dangling this in our noses? well im very tired, im going to bed, tomorrow (wednsday) ill see if this has been released :p..... but i dont get why your withholding the pictures........ i was camping when you let people see them... i hate camping.... just got back... good night

shizzle
July 9th, 2005, 19:01
i think we can officially declare this as a fake now. Have anything to say msx??

Is it coming out in the near future or is it " in development", did your "friend" give you the screen shots to post for him. At least give us a beta or something, every day that passes is another day your credibillity leaves you some more. Faking is a really negative thing to do and you should be ashamed you noob.

MSX
July 9th, 2005, 22:40
You're damn right I have something to say.

I think I can officially say that was the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

How can you "officially declare this as a fake"? If you read my posts, I gave you a beta release time of 1-2 weeks, and I'm sure it hasn't been 2 weeks yet. It's still on track for a close to 2 week release (from original post date). And no, my friend didn't give me the screen shots to post, I have the beta on my PSP and I took the shots myself...and why the quotation marks?

Give you a beta? Is that a demand? Every day that passes isn't another day my credibility leaves me some more, maybe in your eyes it does, but then again, I really don't care what you see, as you're obviously a "noob", or a prepubescent 12 year old. And wow, if you haven't picked it up from my previous posts, I'm not faking anything, it's YOU that should be ashamed for being an idiot, and it's "a really negative thing to do", making false claims. The last time I checked you're not a mod, admin, or anybody that has authority here, and I could honestly care less about what you have to say anymore.

Oh, and have a nice day.

Cross
July 9th, 2005, 22:54
Shizzle who made u the Noob caller? Real or not judge is not in ur user discription. Does it do something for you to point a finger at someone or only end up causing problems in the end?

Remember the old Kindergarden saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say than don't say anything at all."

Running around and being rude/overbearing is not going to make you important nor is your opinion of things not going fast enough, so chill out, back off and if you don't like it here (Meaning this thread right here) then go else where, this is a huge forum I am sure there is more productive things for you to try and participate in...

RedKing14CA
July 9th, 2005, 22:54
WHEN shall we see? bloody hell, i thought it was open source? well i read through all your 5 pages, thouroughly, i beleive you its real, since i think i remember you releasing other things, but why hold back? what pleasure do you get, dangling this in our noses? well im very tired, im going to bed, tomorrow (wednsday) ill see if this has been released :p..... but i dont get why your withholding the pictures........ i was camping when you let people see them... i hate camping.... just got back... good night

so 2 weeks? so that means you have about a week left right? ok....

but umm, why are you withholding the pics? i thought u didnt care if people thought it was fake....

i know i certainly beleive you....

shizzle
July 9th, 2005, 23:10
no, why would he post the news of it 2 weeks too early, to be an ass?? He's faking or just being an ass, he shouldn't have posted that early, then withdrawing the pics for no reason. This is all a joke, this is going to be too late to do anything big. The neko project is out which is like an os, and the file manager has nice grafix. Why will we need this taky late file manager, just because it has a windows style bar at the bottom?

MSX
July 9th, 2005, 23:11
I'd love to show you the pics, but Fluff requested for them to be taken down.

Also, I'm talking to Fluff now, so there should be some more news to give you, whether it be bad or good.

Cross
July 9th, 2005, 23:14
Why will we need it if it's real... hmm do u like Windows? Would you like that to be the only OS in the world?

Same idea here, it may not be a full OS but the point is why have just one? For SNES on PC theres ZSNES and SNES9x (SNES9x sporting the most ports to different platforms) both are great, (Among the many others that may not be as well known but I can only think of Wildcard DX and Siloett which are dead as far as I know) Its just another example.

Why not see what happens, will your getting frustrated and upset make things go any faster, just sit back, if it does not come out right away then ok maybe then is the time to ask whats going on but pointing the finger is not going to do anything to benefit this forum or site.

RedKing14CA
July 9th, 2005, 23:20
thank you MSX, could you maybe, just maybe e-mail me? my e-mail address is [email protected] thank you very much..

and cross i think your EXTREMELY right... and nice, ive added like rep to you like 5 tiems sisnce ive joined this forum :p ....

and shizzle, it sounds like YOUR kind of an ass... but i dont know you...

MSX
July 9th, 2005, 23:25
no, why would he post the news of it 2 weeks too early, to be an ass?? He's faking or just being an ass, he shouldn't have posted that early, then withdrawing the pics for no reason. This is all a joke, this is going to be too late to do anything big. The neko project is out which is like an os, and the file manager has nice grafix. Why will we need this taky late file manager, just because it has a windows style bar at the bottom?
I posted news of it to inform you that it was in progress.

I'm not sure what "taky" means, but I'm guessing you meant to say "tacky". And, again, wow. This isn't just going to be a file manager :rolleyes:. One of the main features of the first beta will be something that everyone wants, but I can't talk about it right now.

Oh, and I was worried as to why I hadn't been able to talk to Fluff lately, and I just got in contact with him to hear some very bad news:

naoneo: for the time being yes, had alot of shit happen in the past week
naoneo: my dad dying on monday night being the biggest reason
msx: :'(
msx: sorry man
naoneo: yeah, so ive been a bit occupied by things, wont be able to work on anything effectively for a bit, got the funeral/service on tuesday and just cant seem to concentrate on anything right now
naoneo: i mean, he had a terminal lung cancer but it was still a shock to see him go
msx: take your time man
msx: yeah...i can't imagine losing my parents
Had to edit the names, as <naoneo> and <msx> weren't showing up...also, naoneo is Fluff's IRC name.

He said he will be posting here shortly; also, this doesn't mean an indefinite hold, just a delay on the beta release, unless he feels like letting you guys play around with the version that's being tested now.

Fluff
July 9th, 2005, 23:42
Okay since things seem to have been twisted beyond imagination i feel i'll have to step in and set down some facts,

Firstly, winpsp/pspos/etc is an internal build of an application being worked on by myself and Qubitz, Same guys (including koopa) who brought you Arkanoid.
This all came about when i was quizzing someone on irc about a software i was working on, and was asking questions about, to get additional input from other psp developers that were in the channel at the time, about booting eboot's from within a homebrew application in user mode, without having to go into kernel mode.
Qubitz however has expressed his desire to work on another project with me and some others, in effect putting our app to one side, which i have no problems with, but is why i was looking around for other coders for at the time, the application we are now working on is not one i can divulge about, the information about what msx is currently beta testing is only public knowledge due to the fact it was decided that we'd set it to one side.

Personally i have an attachment to the application and would like to see it go somewhere, which is why i decided to have a close friend and a few respect and trustworthy people beta test the application to get some outside input on what was currently coded.
The threads and posts which have appeared regaurding it are almost laughable, so many people narrow mindedly assuming it's some noob pretending he ported windows, or missing the point entirely and confusing the program with someone elses obvious fake.

Now some information on the app :

the post screen exists for two reasons,
1) Comical value
2) To fill in the time while the graphical data and code is shifted to memory, i COULD just have a "now loading" screen but at the time i thought a fake psp post screen would be a funny touch, if having a sense of humor (even if it may be a bad one), makes people think its fake then fair enough.
The os is no further on then a little after the internally released beta right now, other than some graphical changes, because as i've said, qubitz has moved on to another project, and i myself havent had time for it due to a family crisis, more specifically, my father died on monday night from terminal mestheloma (lung cancer caused by asbestos), so as you can imagine i havent exactly been in a busy mood as of late, nor have i felt like reading all the threads, posts fake accusations or whatever, that have appeared in light of the photos msx took and released, in hindsight i probably should have made msx promise not to tell anyone on the irc about it or post pics but it doesnt matter that greatly right now.
The application isnt a real 'operating system' but more of a 'shell' much like blackbox, litestep etc, it is intended to add file management functionality, launch applications from 'desktop' with filly draggable, renamable, changable icons which will be automatically generated based on results of a eboot file scan.
the name, winpsp / pspos, has since been scrapped because i got tired of everyone hearing it then posting "OMFG FAKE LOL WINDOWS ON PSP LOL", or making equally retarded comments, new names not specifically set yet but watch this space i guess.

i can understand peoples thinking that its fake or just pics shown in the photo viewer, but all i can say is, it is not, and finnished or not, it will be released, WITH full source soon.

Cross
July 10th, 2005, 00:14
Thanks Fluff and take your time, a family crisis is 100% more important then an online communty and side homebrew project. We thank you for everything you have done and I hope that in time things become easier for you and we see you rejoin us when your ready to.

shizzle
July 10th, 2005, 00:16
i'm really not bothered what anyone thinks. Ok so i can't offically declare a thing fake, no more tacky than a loading screen, which i don't think makes it anymore fake. i said i think it's a negative thing to do, posting about something you don't plan to bring out in a fortnight, ok so fluffs dads died, puts it off course, but someone else might have been waiting for source which never came to help their development, it just jams the scene if you get what i'm saying. You should have kept it to yourself until release if you wanted to blow us away, rather than trying to impress now. Whether i'm a mod or not, that doesn't mean that what i say has any less meaning.

There's saying noob, and there's making immature comments, "pre pubesent 12 year old" for example. I like to voice my opinions without turning the thread into a slaging match. Cross i do agree with you on the os thing, but what i was trying to get at is that this "os" what ever you want to call it has been slated and has a tarnished rep on many forums and channels because of it's over eagerness.

reddragon, do you think calling me an ass will get msx to send you the pics or score you some other brownie points or maybe some rep. I don't know you either but you've come across as quite pathetic.

Fluff, helps you if you don't be dis agree with your self, or slate your self. If you say that i am a narrow minded person, which i don't see how you can call me that seeing as i'm not basing my argument on a load up screen or the other fake windows. but then you make up for it and void a previous statement by saying you understand other people thinking it's fake.

Cap'n 1time
July 10th, 2005, 00:41
good to know your changing the name. anything windows or win is just lame imo. hope it looks nothing like it either.

parabolee
July 10th, 2005, 01:24
Yes I do read threads SHIZZLE. I also read other threads where the Author ADMITS it is a fake -

http://www.pspupdates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482&highlight=windows

QUOTE -

"Wow you guys are no fools! Make fun of me all you want but I had a pretty good time over at the official sony forums. I had many people standing up for me. You guys obviously couldn't be tricked.

YES I'M ADMITTING THAT IT WAS ALL A HOAX!!

Please, some of you have to admit, I did a pretty good job besides the analog mess up, how could I have been so dumb!

I'll tell you how I did it, I used windows media encoder to screen capture a part of the screen, I moved the folder around a little bit then converted it and put it on my PSP. Then I recorded myself acting like I was moving the folder around. Then I uploaded it.

I'll admit this was a waste of time.

I wish I could program real homebrew apps, but I have a 1.5 PSP and at my age, resources are limited."

Now I don't know but I'm passing on the info, seems to be the same thing to me, this link was in this thread. The peron who claimed to be working on it ADMITED it was fake.

I personaly had no opinion untill I read that thread. I was very sceptical though, I mean what would be the point?

xuphorz
July 10th, 2005, 01:41
[QUOTE=parabolee]http://www.pspupdates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482&highlight=windows[/url]

[QUOTE]
that's the EXACT thread i refered to earlier, but it's by qwertycho, which is most llikely the same guy

i also agree with parabolee, it's kinda pointless, if it really existed

Kaiser
July 10th, 2005, 01:42
okay then thats was a stupid hoax....... I really didn't care if it was BS or not though.

edit:(Wow has this site been laggy, double posted)

RedKing14CA
July 10th, 2005, 02:28
fluffs and the guy that did the windows psp thing are TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!! (although it was frikkan hilarious when the guy said he had windows on psp, and did the whole videos.. and yeah.... )

but what MSX and FLUFFS 'ave 'ere is REAL... and a family crises IS important, however i beleive since you wont be working on this fluffs, you should release the beta.. but i dont know....

edit- :D thx for reading my post fluffs, i was just wondering, why doesn't ( ) want to release the beta yet :confused: , could you not ask his permision? and can he perhaps work on it? :o well, even if not, i know ill see it in 2 weeks max, right? :cool:

Fluff
July 10th, 2005, 03:42
i'm really not bothered what anyone thinks. Ok so i can't offically declare a thing fake, no more tacky than a loading screen, which i don't think makes it anymore fake. i said i think it's a negative thing to do, posting about something you don't plan to bring out in a fortnightI didnt create this, or any of the other threads.

ok so fluffs dads died, puts it off course, but someone else might have been waiting for source which never came to help their development
When i was originally asked about it in channel i told them i would release a full-source version when we had it working a little better.

I like to voice my opinions without turning the thread into a slaging match. Cross i do agree with you on the os thing, but what i was trying to get at is that this "os" what ever you want to call it has been slated and has a tarnished rep on many forums and channels because of it's over eagerness.
It has a 'tarnished rep' because many people mistake it for being the same thing as the 'windows psp' hoax, and/or being theyre so fast to hitch a ride on the 'it's fake' bandwagon.

which i don't see how you can call me that seeing as i'm not basing my argument on a load up screen or the other fake windows.
My comments reguarding the content of such threads were not in any way directed at any specific person(s), more that most of the threads which appeared were ill informed guesses based off screenshots, which im sure we can all agree with, are easilly faked, so i'm sorry if you took it personally

In the end i never specifically made threads about the subject myself, all i did was ask other known psp developers some questions and discuss some of the future features i had planned and talked to some of the guys in irc about them, not because i was dangling any proverbial carrot infront of peoples faces, as i made it clear it was still in a very early stage, the purpose was to gain some feedback at the early stage to prevent the wasting of precious time, for example, if people thought having menu's rather than direct interaction with fixed commands on a per-button basis, then it would have been a waste of alot of time working on the menu system had i not known what would have been preffered.
When you work on something you hope will be used by many, it no longer becomes a 'personal toy', but something you put your blood, sweat and tears into, to serve the community as best you can, if discussing what i was working on and what i had planned is 'holding back the scene', then i'd have my doubts about the scene as a whole, anyone that was 'waiting for source' could quite easilly contact me if they needed something, and in most cases i would be happy to share if and where i can, for free, just like i offered to help with coding, html, and graphics to the pspkick team if they needed it.

One beta application which was clearly noted as being an early development test, isnt going to bring the psp dev scene to a halt, thinking that way would be overly egotystical for me, and overly judgemental of you, That said, it appears your main problem with the entire project is that news of it came before something you could personally play with, in which case, your anger should be aimed at those making the threads, or your own impatience.

however i beleive since you wont be working on this fluffs, you should release the beta.. but i dont know....
If it was a personal project i would have by now, i do not, and can not however, release the source code to the public unless qubitz also agree's to it, as its just as much his as it is mine, it would be disrespectful to go giving out the source without his permission.

rest05
July 10th, 2005, 05:39
no more drama guys! lets just wait to see what happens in a week!

Cross
July 10th, 2005, 07:45
Agree'd and Parabolee, you did not read this thread, because as pointed out that direct thread was pointed out and that issue covered, this is something different as were told. So ur chiming in with OLD NEWS is nothing more then someone who does not pay any atten to the forums... just like asking how to run Homebrew on a 1.51, where to get roms, how to install Emulators, whats the best... without using the search or reading through the stickys. Its the exact same thing!!!!

shizzle
July 10th, 2005, 10:06
fluff, the first quote was directed at msx, the second was concuring with you. lol. Yes fluff i was aiming it at msx. And i'm sorry to redking, cross and fluff, i have no problem with you guys, you just popped up in the argument.

shizzle
July 10th, 2005, 10:07
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr
LLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

(uber lag)

Cross
July 10th, 2005, 15:32
I have no problems with most anyone shizzle. I mainly react to actions not ppl, lol it takes a lot to get on my bad side.

But I think we should all try to keep the arguing to a min and the intellgent conversation/FRIENDLY debate our main stream. (I am not saying anyone was nor am I going to point any fingers, its not my place. I just want to see things stay on line here and keep getting further.)

MSX
July 11th, 2005, 07:09
shizzle, right now it would take to long to go back and see which quote or post you directed at me, so I'll check it out later, but I do have something to say to you: I have no problem with you, whether you have a problem with me or not. What I do have a problem with is you being so quick to post that WinPSP is fake.

PS: WinPSP doesn't exist anymore, sorry guys.

PS2: Don't get sad ;), it's just got a new name, and I've just taken a look at the new beta, and WOW is all I can say ;)...and that it doesn't look like Windows anymore :).

rest05
July 12th, 2005, 07:14
then what does it look like?
does it look nice at least????
i have an idea, make it look like LONGHORN,

RedKing14CA
July 12th, 2005, 10:20
holy crud, you scared the CRAP outa me when you said winpsp doesnt exist anymore, my guts clenched and i was like "NOOOOOOOO"... but.. anyways..... can you change the background in ___psp (win is gone so ill just put ___) and can you change maybe the mouse? if it doesnt look like windows.... what does it look like? can you perhaps send pictures to only us special dcemu forums ppl??? does it still have the same features as winpsp? and do you have a release date/estimant? can you play videos with ___ psp? (mp4, avi, wmv??) and can you make folders, and (new)text files with ___psp??

lol, i beleive that covers all questions with the exception of, will it have usb keyboard support? and, WHATS THE NEW NAME!!??!?!?[I][U]

PSP_Newbie
July 12th, 2005, 10:42
btw, i found i nice lil app "PSP File Assistant" u could use til then, but its like explorer, but very limited, u can copy, move, delete, rename files and folders, make new folders, and even access the flash bios o.O
a nifty app, closest thing to winpsp i found
cant wait til an update on the ___PSP status, and maybe a new name to go by?
(and sry if i said something one might find noobish that have read the whole post, i chose to skip a lot of the drama goin on)
(and woot, server stopped acting up, at least for me right now)^^

RedKing14CA
July 12th, 2005, 11:01
well the thing i want with winpsp is the ability to create/move files with a mouse, and keyboard support... and a mouse, and a custom background kinda thing.... hopefully... and to be able to show people, ya know? like: i got windows on my psp!! w00T, like i had it in the mall, and a geeky like 40yr old guy came up to me and said, hey that looks cool, what is it, a minii computer, and i was like, no its a playstation portable, and he was just like , oh... and walked off... i wanna be able to treat it as a palm with ps 1 3/4th graphics and 468 mb's of hardrive space!!!!! or 4 gigs when xecuter comes out with their little mod attachment memory stick device...

___psp is the awnser to my prayers... and am waiting for it with MUCH impatience....

PSP_Newbie
July 12th, 2005, 11:08
hehe, yeah, psp is becoming more and more like a mini comp, and a ___psp would most definately complete the image(or at least help it, ___psp sounds awsome, cant wait!!!)

PSP_Newbie
July 12th, 2005, 11:18
and keyboard support... and a mouse

as for the keyboard and mouse support from ___psp, might not be out especially soon as u first need a keyboard/mouse released at all to do anything about it^^
and im sure once sony releases a keyboard and require a firmware update to use it, a bunch of homebrew'd apps for using the keyboard will pop up all over the net
hopefully ___psp will come out long before sony releases a keyboard
cant wait! :D

RedKing14CA
July 12th, 2005, 11:20
yeah me either, i hope it comes with a calculator, and a start menu, or i guess since its not windows a begin menu (LOL).... and then have the whol applications thing and stuff.... man this is going to be GRRRREAT!!!!!!!!! my fingers are crossed, i hope it will have a paint shop, or webbrowser, right now i can only dream.......

edit- :rolleyes: and hey psp_newbie, i was wondering if you didn't know where to get neogeo cd roms, and if you couldn't e-mail a link to [email protected] containing it... thx! :cool:

PSP_Newbie
July 12th, 2005, 11:38
sry man, ive been looking all over for places to get roms for...my neo geo cd system that i bought and own and have the games that im lookign for roms of...but i couldnt find any ones that u dont have to pay...hmm, generally u shouldnt get roms on a p2p network program(ei, Limewire, etc), so u might not wanna try there, ill not check right now...

MSX
July 12th, 2005, 16:25
Well that's a load of questions redking14ca, but, I'm not sure what I'm allowed to tell you guys, and what I'm not, but the new name is psix.

Also, my Powershot A80 should be in here in the next week or so, so I'll be able to take a vid, if Fluff doesn't mind ;).

parabolee
July 12th, 2005, 17:10
Agree'd and Parabolee, you did not read this thread, because as pointed out that direct thread was pointed out and that issue covered, this is something different as were told. So ur chiming in with OLD NEWS is nothing more then someone who does not pay any atten to the forums... just like asking how to run Homebrew on a 1.51, where to get roms, how to install Emulators, whats the best... without using the search or reading through the stickys. Its the exact same thing!!!!

Well EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE ME!

I appologies for missing someones post that the other Win PSP was from someone else. But lets not get all childish and call me a noob because I missed a comment. I did not aks about roms or how to install or any of that other rubish you throw at me (that was rather petty I thought by the way).

I thought that this was the same thing and just attempted to inform people. I did not do it to get insulted by either you or shizzle. I stated that I didn't know if it was fake or not just passing on information that I thought had been missed, my bad. In fact my biggest mistake was my first post, I was in a hurry and posted real quik that is was confirmed fake without giving any other details, that was a foolish thing I admit. But I thought I was passing on unknown information, If I missed that info in my haste I appologies, but I shouldn't be expected to re-read the whole thread just in case I missed it.

But don't call me a n00b just because I missed a peice of information. Sorry you don't like what I posted but your the one throwing insults not me, so your comments about maintaining civil discourse are rather hypocritical. Civil discourse would be to point out that what I stated was already known without throwing insults at me.

I personally think that it is fake, but on the other hand I hope that it is real. I can't see a lot of use for it myself but it would be neat nonetheless, and I will be happy to be proved wrong.

MSX
July 12th, 2005, 17:14
If you'll be happy to be proved wrong, then you are going to be very happy soon.

Cross
July 12th, 2005, 17:32
Well EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE ME!

I appologies for missing someones post that the other Win PSP was from someone else. But lets not get all childish and call me a noob because I missed a comment. I did not aks about roms or how to install or any of that other rubish you throw at me (that was rather petty I thought by the way).

You missed the point of the Rom's asking example, IT WAS AN EXAMPLE!!!! And now you want people who said, hey we already know this is has been covered already to not say, damit you did not read the posts like we said, you claimed you did and then you yell at us that "Hey I did read the posts". Come on. You paid no atten, you got mad at us for showing you what was going on and that it had already been covered, you did something as bad as asking for Rom's (Remember EXAMPLE!!!) And then you go even further and again Fail to not pay atten. Just stop, you screwed up, we all do but don't make a big deal out of it. Appologize if you want, stop post in the thread if you don't want. I doubt anyone will be mad at you or even remember this but we had ever right to be alittle upset with you, we TOLD you ITS BEEN COVERED and you were rude to us saying you read the posts and went ahead pulling up old covered information.

xuphorz
July 12th, 2005, 17:35
If you'll be happy to be proved wrong, then you are going to be very happy soon.

i'm still neutral

(Futurama Picture removed because Adult Swim emailed me)

Cross
July 12th, 2005, 17:39
You got an eMail from Adult Swim about ur pic? lol. I am curious as to what they said.

parabolee
July 12th, 2005, 17:40
I did appologies! Did YOU not read my post!

I DID not do something as bad as asking for roms so stop throwing that crap around. I missed a post, my bad! I'm sorry! I read the thread through quickly and misseda post, so sorry!

Did I appologies enough yet? And I'm sorry i sounded offended by Shizzle, I wasn't. I was just clarifying my post. I did not see the post about that thread. Man why do some people have to be such jerks instead of just pointing out a mistake? I hate all those people that have attack people beacuse they missed a peice of information or didn't know all the so called rules down to the letter. Does it make you feel superior to attack someone else's mistake?

Oh and MSX, I truelly look forward to being proved wrong, I really do. I will be the first to appoogies for doubting and give congrats.

xuphorz
July 12th, 2005, 17:42
You got an eMail from Adult Swim about ur pic? lol. I am curious as to what they said.

simple and right to the point

Please remove the Futurama screen grab you have posted in this link: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7402&page=4&pp=10

Thank you,
[AdultSwim]

Cross
July 12th, 2005, 17:44
Theres a difference between Sarcasm and being honest, so just forget it. Your missing the point that OTHERS TOLD U WE KNOW ABOUT IT!!!!! And what did you do, HEY I read EVERYTHING and I am still going to post it so get off MY back. Look See OLD NEWS AGAIN GUYS!!!

Like I said your missing the point that we warned you, tried to show you it had already been covered and all you did was get upset with us and do it anyway then realize.. OOPS I was wrong so let me get sarcastic and defensive about it because no one SHOULD get MAD at me. It was JUST a MISTAKE even though I was TOLD about it already being covered and I did not LISTEN.

Your final Sorry seems fine, but frankly I did not care. Its not for me, I think its for MSX. He is the one your dragging through the dirt with your bad/old news.

parabolee
July 12th, 2005, 17:46
Again let just state that I did not intend to appear rude it my second post and I appologies for that.

Cross
July 12th, 2005, 17:47
LOL on the Futurama Pic, I wonder why they were looking here/ how they found out. Odd.

xuphorz
July 12th, 2005, 17:48
LOL on the Futurama Pic, I wonder why they were looking here/ how they found out. Odd.

maybe they like psp also? :confused:

they might also have some advanced search to help them track down pictures of their shows used without permission.

Cross
July 12th, 2005, 17:49
I guess it culd be possible, certianly if someone just linked to the picture off their site but oh well its probably the first idea (Someone there liking the psp)

xuphorz
July 12th, 2005, 17:51
I guess it culd be possible, certianly if someone just linked to the picture off their site but oh well its probably the first idea (Someone there liking the psp)

this is the only site (all of dcemu.co.uk) that i know of that let's non-members read all the threads. i think that should be changed

To MSX: I have no idea if it's real, but i'm neutral in feelings

parabolee
July 12th, 2005, 18:00
Stop being so agressive all the time. I didn't miss the point, I thought I had read everything but like I already said I must have missed the mention of that other thread being from someone else. Sorry (NO SARCASM!).

I have appologised for my mistake, I wasn't trying to attack MSX or drag him through the mud. I thought that people were still debating a dead subject, again no need to point out I was wrong, I realise this now and have appologised .

I think you should appologise for your attack on me.

xuphorz
July 12th, 2005, 18:05
I think you should appologise for your attack on me.

errrr, ummmmm
this is going on and on, could you two do this through PM's?
it'd save alot of forum room

Cross
July 12th, 2005, 18:19
I thought it was over, oh well. Its pointless to talk to someone who will not listen to you, he can do as he pleases. I want to know more about this new Beta and if we will get a preview or some screen shots of it soon.

xuphorz
July 12th, 2005, 18:26
I want to know more about this new Beta and if we will get a preview or some screen shots of it soon.

that'd be nice :D

Omatic
July 12th, 2005, 18:27
All this arguing must have you guys thirsty...

Who wants some Tang and Rice Krispies?

BTW, since all of the pics are down (extremely suspicious), and there's no real dev site or page (suspicious too, for such a massive project), and that other post on pspnews.com (suspicious as well), I'm inclined to think this is a fake. However, until this is proven to be a fake, I wish the team the best of luck, and I hope this project results in sucess and a really cool (and free!) homebrew for us PSPeons.

xuphorz
July 12th, 2005, 18:29
I'm inclined to think this is a fake.
i've always been neutral, but more inclined to think it's fake

Cross
July 12th, 2005, 18:33
Ohh.. I never tried Tang lol. I want to believe in it just because its great to see new things on the PSP and while its been pointed out this may not be the only OS for PSP I just want to see what we can do with it and how it feels.

Omatic
July 12th, 2005, 18:34
i've always been neutral, but more inclined to think it's fake

Yeah, same here. I'm not gonna flame anyone until there's evidence of fraud here.

xuphorz
July 12th, 2005, 18:37
Yeah, same here. I'm not gonna flame anyone until there's evidence of fraud here.

one of the earlier posts that uses a pspupdates (aka psphacker) thread, someone who was working on soemthing like this admitted it was fake. but it's by a different user name, so i can't tell

to Cross: PSP-Linux is being developed, and coming along nicely. they even have an official website

MSX
July 13th, 2005, 07:43
Sigh...I'm not quite what I can do to make you believe that this isn't fake, but hey, you are all entitled to your opinions ;).

But, just wanted to go over this post:

BTW, since all of the pics are down (extremely suspicious), and there's no real dev site or page (suspicious too, for such a massive project), and that other post on pspnews.com (suspicious as well), I'm inclined to think this is a fake. However, until this is proven to be a fake, I wish the team the best of luck, and I hope this project results in sucess and a really cool (and free!) homebrew for us PSPeons.
The pics are down because Fluff asked me to take them down. Just because I didn't link to the dev site doesn't mean there isn't one: http://www.lostnovice.com/pspn2/ -- right now there's nothing up about psix, but I'm sure you would rather have a release on your PSP than a section up with features that were already listed here. I get a feeling that you are blowing psix out of proportion...that it's a direct Windows port and will be able to launch Windows apps --- it's won't. And as for the post for that confirmed fake Windows for PSP (or whatever it's called), it's sad that an immature kid made up a fake release, as it's tarnished the reputation of psix, but not for long, as the beta should be out soon ;).

PSP_Newbie
July 13th, 2005, 10:48
quick question, not trying to sound impatient, but at what kind of time scale are we looking at for a release of a beta? u dont have to answer, but if u can is it like in a matter of days, weeks, or months at this moment? thnx

parabolee
July 13th, 2005, 15:54
Dark Saviour looks awesome, any idea how far that is into development? Looks WAY too good to be a homebrew game. Maybe they should look into getting a real publisher for it.

EDIT -

Sorry just to clarify DS is a RPG being worked on by the devs at - http://www.lostnovice.com/pspn2/#

Fluff is one of them (one of the guys working on PSIX (aka winPsp), MSX posted the link for the devs website.

shizzle
July 13th, 2005, 16:56
it's not 3d i don't think, just pictures in the background, not rendered texttures.Still looks nice though

parabolee
July 13th, 2005, 18:38
Yeah it looks awesome, the main character looks cell shaded.

RedKing14CA
July 13th, 2005, 21:04
what are you talking about main characters? did i miss something? :confused:

edit- oh i see, dark saviour, eh? looks like :rolleyes: metal gear anime, lol, i take it thats not ;) REALLY 3d, just like, pictures, right?

looks cool though, they should try sactually like, showing it to sony, and asking if they can make it an official downloadable game for psp.... that'd be cool, but sony would make us download v. 1.53 firmware :mad:

edit- shouldnt fluffs be working on ___psp, or whats the new name???

i feel the need to post the pics, but i wont MSX, unless i get your permission, or fluffs ;)

Cap'n 1time
July 13th, 2005, 21:42
one of the earlier posts that uses a pspupdates (aka psphacker) thread, someone who was working on soemthing like this admitted it was fake. but it's by a different user name, so i can't tell

to Cross: PSP-Linux is being developed, and coming along nicely. they even have an official website

last i heard they arnt getting crap done...

xuphorz
July 13th, 2005, 22:19
last i heard they arnt getting crap done...

last time updated was in may....
don't know :confused:

RedKing14CA
July 13th, 2005, 23:06
updated? huh? well... uhh............... i have 1.5...... idnt that special?

but on metal slug 2, when i put the psp in standby, when i turn it bakc on, an error message displays next to the screen "lost sy".... and when i get to lvl 2 its a big blue nothing and my character falss every time he/she respawns

PSP_Newbie
July 13th, 2005, 23:18
err, by update i think he means that they havent reported anythign new that they have been working on with the psp linux..

RedKing14CA
July 13th, 2005, 23:22
ok, well a lil help for my prob with metal slug xuphorz?

'but on metal slug 2, when i put the psp in standby, when i turn it bakc on, an error message displays next to the screen "lost sy".... and when i get to lvl 2 its a big blue nothing and my character falss every time he/she respawns'

wraggster
July 13th, 2005, 23:24
Topic Closed

A few pointers, dont flame on the forums or via PM, a good well constructed discussion is always appreciated but flaming we can do without.

Flaming via PM will get to me and ill be forced to take action so please dont do it