PDA

View Full Version : Touch screen dimming - is this normal?

skroooagh
September 14th, 2007, 11:26
I only recently picked up a NDS Lite and noticed that after ten or twenty minutes of play the touch screen gradually dims until eventually it's near-impossible to make anything out on it. It starts off almost as clear as the top screen and gets worse the longer the power is left on. I have to leave it off for half an hour or so to get the screen to display clearly when I turn it back on. Playing whilst connected to the charger has no effect.

Is this common or maybe even intentional, and is there any way I can fix it? Thanks!

bah
September 14th, 2007, 11:55
That really doesn't sound right, take it back and get a replacement.

skroooagh
September 14th, 2007, 11:57
Secondhand, so it's not a possibility, sadly enough. Only cost $100AU with an R4 and a POS wifi dongle, but I wouldn't have paid if I knew it was faulty...

bah
September 14th, 2007, 14:24
It certainly sounds like its faulty, I have a fat DS and have played a lite plenty of times and never seen what you describe.

Cycling through the brightness levels doesn't help?

I don't know what to suggest, sorry.

eomund
September 14th, 2007, 16:34
+1 on trying to cycle through the brightness settings. I play my DS lite for hours, and even when the battery is about to die it continues to work great.

Maybe you can try calling Nintendo:
1-800-255-3700
Maybe they can give a couple of suggestions.

cal360
September 14th, 2007, 16:39
That doesn't sound normal to me I know many people who have a DS lite and I myself have the original DS so something is seriously wrong with it.

Shrygue
September 14th, 2007, 20:44
Your DS Lite seems to have a fault with it as I don't have that lighting problem with mine. It really should not happen. You should probably get it fixed somehow or buy new one.

Elmarco
September 14th, 2007, 21:14
I own a DS fat, and i've Never had any of that sort of problems. Definately try and find out who sold it ya. Get revenge howveer possible. Lol. Either that or you could risk gettin it repaired.

wiggy fuzz
September 15th, 2007, 09:29
broken backlights. if nintendo won't repair it you could risk buying your own screen (or just buy a new ds... sell the "broken" one and pass it off as genuine... then leave the country)