PDA

View Full Version : X-Rom Frontend, Little Writer,Pogoshell..wtf ? HEELP

arcadekidflo
September 14th, 2007, 21:00
Hi. I own a 64 MB X-rom (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=17573)and i use the software Little Writer for flashing .But it's painfully slow taking 25 minutes to fill such small cartridge :( .Also i'm not satisfied that i have to turn off the GBA every time i want to change the game i play .
So i find this "Xrom Frontend (http://www.dansoftaustralia.net/screenshots/xrom-s.htm)" which is said to be faster but don't have a clue how to use it . Is there a tutorial out there ?
Also how do i install this..Pogoshell operating system and is it of any use to me ? Is it just for the interface or it actually does someting useful ?

Dan15
September 15th, 2007, 02:33
X-ROM Frontend comes with a help file with instructions. Basically, you use the "MultiROM Builder" tab to build a MultiROM (one file containing all the games you want to put on the cartridge), and then use the "Write ROM to Flash cartridge" option to write the MultiROM (in multirom.gba) to the cartridge.

Also, note that while it's a little faster than LittleWriter, it's not extremely fast.

Also how do i install this..Pogoshell operating system and is it of any use to me ? Is it just for the interface or it actually does someting useful ?
It's just an interface, but it has several plugins to extend its features. I haven't used it that much, mainly because I could never get it working :P

Hope this helps you. :)

arcadekidflo
September 15th, 2007, 20:27
I tried to flash a multiboot image but it kept saying that it's larger than 262.000 kb and i gave up. Also tried with the program " Xrom Flasher by Costello" but no succes again . I think i'll just use Little Writer forever :( I wanted at least to be able to return to the games menu when i want to play a different game , instead of turning in off/on .

arcadekidflo
March 10th, 2008, 19:19
Do i need emulators to play older gameboy games or just flash them on the card ?

DanTheManMS
March 11th, 2008, 04:13
GB games cannot be run directly from a GBA flash cart (with the sole exception of a Flash2Advance cart with a GB Bridge) so you'll want to read up on the Goomba Color emulator, which packages your *.gb and *.gbc files into an output *.gba file that can be flashed to your card.