PDA

View Full Version : Continually Upgrading and Downgrading Firmware

Red737
September 15th, 2007, 00:37
Hey all,

Just got my PSP going with an emulator after i downgraded from Firmware 3.03 to 1.5 - and was just wondering if i continuously upgrade and downgrade from 1.5 to 3.03 and vice versa, will this harm my PSP in any way?

Probably a real Noob Question, but i really appreciate all the help i can get. Thanks a lot.

ICE
September 15th, 2007, 00:47
nope.

Welshboy
September 15th, 2007, 00:50
Why would you want to continuously do it? Downgrade to 1.5 then upgrade to a custom firmware so you don't have to upgrade again. simple.

Red737
September 15th, 2007, 00:55
Yeah, i think i might give custom firmware a go.

Thanks for the help lads.

Oh, would upgrading from a custom firmware to an official Sony update bugger anything up?

eatnooM
September 15th, 2007, 01:10
I believe there's a particular situation for TA-082/86 motherboards that would prevent you from updating further than 3.03 or so having used the GTA 3.03 downgrader, however there is now a fix for said problem. Other than that, I am unaware of there being any problems, after all, official updaters completely wipe your flash0 and write all the firmware files anew, so it should either fail to start, in which case you're still on a working firmware, or run successfully.

Anyway, once you're on a custom firmware, I doubt you'll still be thinking about switching back to official firmware. :)

Red737
September 15th, 2007, 01:22
Thanks a lot,

Thats a fantastic help.

These boards are awesome.