oh and prefrebly could this linux run on a PAL television

Meshuggah27
July 4th, 2005, 13:19
I wish linux could run on dreamcast =[

ptr.exe
July 4th, 2005, 16:14
I wish linux could run on dreamcast
It does and has done for ages now.

Linux for the Dreamcast (http://www.dchomebrew.org/linuxdc.shtml)

Arfeds, it wont work well on a TV at all, it cuts off the top and bottom lines, you need to use a VGA adaptor with a PC monitor. You can buy a VGA off eBay or look in the hardware board for the tutorial on how to build one.

Arfeds
July 4th, 2005, 19:19
tha link for the download doesnt work and also how would i run it would i use Demo Menu or DChakker or would i burn it straight to disk

Meshuggah27
July 5th, 2005, 19:17
Why doesnt anyone check to see if the damn links work before they post them? My god its not that hard >_>.

quzar
July 5th, 2005, 20:25
Why doesnt anyone check to see if the damn links work before they post them? My god its not that hard >_>.

instead of just attacking a respected forum member who happened to have posted a bad link, you could have spent the time looking for a good one. Who is better in this situation?

http://www.m17n.org/linux-sh/dreamcast/ That is a link to the homepage of LinuxDC, they have the actual distro and instructions on how to make a CD.

kgenthe
July 6th, 2005, 05:23
Can't really do much with it. If you search around, some guy has a web page being served by the Dreamcast. There are some text based games for it, and a really slow Doom port. Other than that, its more of something to tinker around with. Hardcore Linux users can prolly get a lot more out of it.

ptr.exe
July 21st, 2005, 16:04
Why doesnt anyone check to see if the damn links work before they post them? My god its not that hard
You want me to download a file i already have to check if the link worked? i checked by clicking it to make sure it came up with a save file screen, what more do you want me to do?

I used that download about 2 weeks ago it should still be good.