PDA

View Full Version : More Halo 3 sales predictions

wraggster
September 15th, 2007, 15:40
via gibiz (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=28679)

Will break into all-time top ten best-selling games

Halo 3 will sell more than 4 million units in the US by the end of October, according to GamerMetrics analyst Nick Williams.

"More importantly for Microsoft, Halo 3 will drive significant incremental Xbox 360 hardware sales during the upcoming holiday season, taking the focus away from the Wii and PlayStation 3," says Williams.

With the popularity of Halo 3's multiplayer feature, Williams believes that the impact of the game's launch will be felt by the rest of the game industry well beyond the launch period. "Gamers will have little free time to play other titles during the early holiday months, meaning less attention given to competing Xbox 360 software releases," he said.

Williams also believes that Halo 3 will eventually break into the top ten best-selling videogames of all time. Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES is considered to be the best-selling console videogame in history, with sales of 18 million units.

According to NPD Group data, the fastest-selling Xbox 360 title to date is Gears of War, with 1.8 million units sold in the first two months. Madden NFL '08 has sold nearly 897,000 units in its first month.

BrooksyX
September 15th, 2007, 16:40
I think one fact that everyone is over looking is the fact that Halo 3 will push Xbox 360 consoles sales like crazy. I seriously believe that 1 Million Xbox 360 willl be sold in the first month following the Halo 3 release. I hope stores are stocking up.

gdf
September 15th, 2007, 18:27
Microsoft know, that's why they dropped the price.

wolfpack
September 15th, 2007, 18:38
i know im getting my halo 3 when its coming out
*drools*
i cant wait!! :D

mcdougall57
September 15th, 2007, 22:24
this may be the game thats sells me an xbox 360 well this and gears of war of course, anyone expecting a price drop at christmas?

Shadowblind
September 15th, 2007, 23:20
this may be the game thats sells me an xbox 360 well this and gears of war of course, anyone expecting a price drop at christmas?

Just also promise me you'll get Bioshock :D

I still think Halo is overrated. Still....

gdf
September 15th, 2007, 23:59
There won't be another price drop for at least a year...

DarthPaul
September 16th, 2007, 01:46
I think they're over looking at it. I've never played Halo online though. Not even single player. All I've played is multi-player with my brother when he had the original Xbox. I'm not a big-fan and I haven't read/watch too much about Halo 3. I'm not hyped for it, I really don't like Halo.

Just also promise me you'll get Bioshock :D

Yeah mcdougall. Promise me that too. :D

mcdougall57
September 16th, 2007, 02:28
ok i promise :D

SSaxdude
September 17th, 2007, 03:20
I reserved my Legendary copy last year, the day I bought Gears (which was also preordered.)

creative2
September 17th, 2007, 03:28
hah, i start to feel sorry for people who wait at the store before it opens to get the game... i am the @$$ circuit employee who buys 4 copies for himself... & friends.... and maybe ebay... the wii was great for the extra $ during last holiday season!

DarthPaul
September 17th, 2007, 05:13
ok i promise :D

Thanks. :D

I'll be watching you. Haha joke.:rolleyes: