PDA

View Full Version : Psp Slim 3.60 m33 question, will my old pandora battery work?

ab9003
September 16th, 2007, 03:43
So I'm planning to get my Psp Slim tomorrow and obviously am going to want to homebrew it like no tomorrow so heres my question:

I made a Pandora's battery soon after the ability to make them came out. And have used it to unbrick several PSP's and have even used the magic memory stick for regular homebrew use and Pandora will still work with it. However I'm wondering if I have to make a whole NEW Pandora battery and NEW magic memory stick exclusively for the slim or if I can just use my old school Pandora battery and just add the new files to my old school magic memory stick. This is very important to me as I want to make sure I absolutely do not brick my new PSP slim right out of the box.

Oh and another few questions about video out while I'm at it:

Does the Daxter pack come with a video out plug, and if not are they available in stores yet?

Will video out work with homebrew apps such as Daedalus for homebrew on my HDTV?

nikkinguyen
September 16th, 2007, 04:00
No the daxter pack does not come with the cables. Do not get the composite cable. it is only good for video, audio, and pics. Get the component. This allows you to play games on the screen.

ab9003
September 16th, 2007, 04:01
The component? So thats a different accessory or something? Whats that cost. Oh and any idea about my pandora question?

nikkinguyen
September 16th, 2007, 04:10
both cost $19. You can check it out via www.gamestop.com.

As for the battery, you can use the existing battery and memory. You just need to add the folders and run the M33 installer to extract the 340.prx and 350.prx.

Hopes this helps.

ab9003
September 16th, 2007, 04:14
Great so no risk of brick or anything? I was worried that perhaps the previous IPL and what not would cause it not to work. Will I need to format the memory stick and follow a guide for the 3.60 m33 install or can I just keep it as it is and just add the 3.40 pbp and 3.50 pbp and the pandora folders?

nikkinguyen
September 16th, 2007, 04:16
No Do not format the memory stick. Just put the 3.60 M33 stuff on top. Else the battery does not know what to boot.

ab9003
September 16th, 2007, 04:18
Thanks, you've been a great help :)

nikkinguyen
September 16th, 2007, 04:22
no prob. Just got my PSP SLIM yesterday. Just modded it today. Still would like to have Mapthis working....hopefully soon.

ab9003
September 16th, 2007, 04:37
Will a japenese GPS and camera work on the slim you think from the U.S. ? I cant just keep waiting for the american release of these things.

preetyforu
December 26th, 2007, 16:42
thanx for your help

preety
webmaster
http://www.entertainmentvenues.org