PDA

View Full Version : What DS card???

mikey2000c
September 16th, 2007, 17:14
What card if one of the best for the DS so far ive read up on the R4DS And the M3 (i think)P is there anymore and whice one would you recomend!!!

ICE
September 16th, 2007, 17:24
here's (http://www.codemayhem.net/viewtopic.php?t=971) what i have.

mikey2000c
September 16th, 2007, 17:45
any others anyone

firedemon727
September 16th, 2007, 18:12
I would recommend the M3 Perfect (SLOT-2) or the M3 Simply (SLOT-1).

iain7
January 6th, 2008, 19:59
nyeh why doesnt anyone talk about the ezflash V? i think its a great flash cart, and if you get the expansion 3in1 cart its very useful.
they update the firmware on it all the time too, and it has a very helpful forum (unlike supercard)

not too sure of m3 but the gba slot one is HUGE!
the 3-1 expansion pack comes in ds or lite sizes, it fits perfectly.

ibiza420
January 28th, 2008, 22:45
Hello,

could someone currently owning a M3 (slot 1) confirm that Zelda Phantom Hourglass is working on it?

I'd buy a M3 just for that.

Cheers!

SSaxdude
January 28th, 2008, 23:25
If you want GBA support, buy a slot 2 M3 series (I have a SD version.) If you don't care about GBA support, you may as well just get a M3 Simply. I know Zelda works with slot 2 M3s, I don't know about the slot 1 series.

ibiza420
January 29th, 2008, 14:32
Phantom Hourglass is a DS game, not GBA...

gamerzville
January 30th, 2008, 00:01
phantom hourglass works on DSTT.

I can get you the DSTT + 2GB Micro SD card (SD card by Integral UK)for £33 + £1.99 1st class royal mail, with paypal or pppay protected payment, the 2GB card will come with the latest DSTT Kernel (TTMenu OS v1.07, 2007-12-17), I will also install Moonshell 1.71 if required, all pre tested prior to dispatching, and UK stock NOW!

dispatched next day after payment cleared.

[email protected] for information.

I would like to add, the DSTT has been rated better than the R4 Revolution, see http://www.buy4ds.co.uk/article.php?article_id=19 (also check their pricing), I have had the R4 and the DSTT, both are excellent carts, I was a bit upset that the R4 didn't take the 4GB SDHC Micro card I purchased, but not to worry, works no problem in my DSTT :thumbup:

gamerzville
January 31st, 2008, 21:23
just in case people were a bit dubious of contacting me about purchasing the DSTT, I'm sure would be I guess, you dont know me, I dont know you, so I setup some auctions on ebid. happy days guys and gals, keep the faith ;o)

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/auction.cgi?auction=1201812030-25296-0&mo=auction

you can either purchase,

DSTT + 2GB MICRO SD

or

DSTT ONLY.

choice is yours.... you'd be crazy not to....

mattsaysfooey
February 14th, 2008, 21:20
One thing is for sure stay clear of radio shack for micro sd cards dude. They wanted 80 bucks for a 2 gb micro sd. Man you can get like 5 of them for that price on amazon.

gumgod
March 10th, 2008, 03:27
Look for micro SD cards on newegg.com

qwerty15964
April 8th, 2008, 21:48
One thing is for sure stay clear of radio shack for micro sd cards dude. They wanted 80 bucks for a 2 gb micro sd. Man you can get like 5 of them for that price on amazon.

+1
And most of the time, the stores don't sell MADE IN JAPAN Kingston microSDs.. which everyone knows is best for all flash carts.. You should consider buying from stores that specifically guarantee that they only sell Japanese microSDs, like http://www.emvee.ca (where I bought mine). It came as Japan, I was so happy :)

masterchief929
April 8th, 2008, 22:27
make sure u dont order from deal extreme! i am just posting this link so u know how good this thig is according to reviews.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3179

btw... my review is 5 stars overall. i haven't found any cons at all!:D

andrewjs77
October 4th, 2008, 13:41
i can confirm that zelda does work with slot 1 m3 card

carlitx
October 20th, 2008, 18:39
here's (http://www.codemayhem.net/viewtopic.php?t=971) what i have.

ooh that looks nice. now, is it just an adapter for a smaller flash card? or do they have their own internal flash memory? I ask this because I am looking for something for my DSLite that is NOT an adapter. Something you simply put the files on, put into the DS and away we go. Also how much do you charge for shipping?

ICE
October 20th, 2008, 18:58
That one has 1gb internal. Its all you need. The website linked to in there called dealextreme also has a 2gb version that I also have. Their shipping is free.. also very slow.

Colourful Zone
October 20th, 2008, 22:53
Hi,

We are just curious that could you tell to us what the advantages of the card built-in with internal memory?

As my opinion, it is not flexible since the internal memory size cannot be upgraded. Also, it is trouble to send the file/data from your PC to the DS card(it must be used with the USB cable). I think it is more convenient to use the external memory card to transfer the file/data.

Also, if you can get another memory card with games(for example there is your friend who use the same DS flash card as yours), you can directly insert that memory card to play the games in your DS at once without any file transfer.

Currently, our R4SDHC (http://www.colourful-zone.com/Store/product_info.php?products_id=261) + 1GB TF just costs US$29.99 with free-shipping. That DS Fire card costs about US$26 from DX. There is only about US$3.00 price difference but you can gain the above advantages.

Thus, we just want to know the public how do you think about the advantages of the internal memory and external memory card of the DS flash cards. Thanks for your reply in advance. :)

ICE
October 20th, 2008, 23:18
At the time I bought my card it was cheapest. Plus its simpler. It comes with the usb host plug that plugs into the second ds slot and a usb cable. I just leave both plugs in and when I want to add something to my ds I just plug it in. It pops up as a removable hard drive and I can drag and drop files onto it. Quick, easy and simple ;)

carlitx
October 21st, 2008, 00:16
That one has 1gb internal. Its all you need. The website linked to in there called dealextreme also has a 2gb version that I also have. Their shipping is free.. also very slow.

sounds good. just a couple more questions. is pay pal excepted? is that a universal price? (i live in Canada) and what do you mean very slow? the shipping? if so please tell me how long it is (if it's 2 weeks i really do not mind)

Brigade
October 21st, 2008, 02:39
CycloDS is the best just cause of all the stuff it can do. Also for GBA games all you need to do is drop it in the SD(HC) card in your Cyclo. Meaning you don't need the GBAexploder.

Plus the EZ Flash 3 in 1 is most compatible with the CycloDS plus its the best slot 2 out there at the moment.

Just google for what they do.

bah
October 21st, 2008, 10:43
Brigade is right: Cyclo is the best cart at the moment, but it costs a fair bit more than others.
If you just want to play games and price matters, I'd recommend a DSTT over any of the R4 clones that exist. No reason to touch those random 'inbuilt flash' ones.
You can load moonshell if you want media playback.

I have received at least 10 DSTTs ($10.70) from DX, all have worked great.

carlitx; about DX:
Paypal is accepted.
Prices are in $US, exchange rate is in paypal's hands.

Orders over $15 get registered shipping and come quicker.
I normally get orders in 7-10 from the shipping date (my most recent order was placed on the 10th, shipped on the 12th and got to me today [21st]).
It takes 2-3 days for orders to be shipped (assuming all items are in stock).