PDA

View Full Version : Make a pandora battery without another psp

JAKETHESNAKE28
September 16th, 2007, 18:44
can someone help me. I have no freind to let me lend there psp out. I cant see the pics from this website:

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?p=255897

but it might be my only solution. Can anyone help.

jonezybaby
September 16th, 2007, 21:56
well if u have no other psp then this is ur only hope, sugest ya get a cheap soldering iron if u dont own 1 and have a steady hand!

kool hAnd G1mp
September 17th, 2007, 06:56
...Except you also need a CFW PSP to make the magic Memory stick. The battery is only half the battle. I wouldn't risk making hardware mods anyway.

feight
September 20th, 2007, 04:18
Yeah, I don't really understand the physical battery mod thread. You still need a homebrew PSP 1000 to properly format the memory stick so why not use the software Pandora maker?

Ok, so you want to unbrick or downgrade your PSP but don't have a PSP capable of running homebrew apps. No problem!

This suggests that this mod does not require a homebrew capable PSP but later in the thread a guy asks why his isn't working and another guy replies

I have a feeling he didn't do anything involving the memory card. (My problem will either be solved or not by a homebrew psp if i get one.)

EDIT: okay, apparently you don't need a homebrew PSP to make the memory stick... if you can find the files online, at least that's what I read. I still would suggest purchasing a jig battery rather than soldering one.

JAKETHESNAKE28
September 22nd, 2007, 20:51
ok i got it. It works now.

DarthPaul
September 22nd, 2007, 21:14
When I read this I thought it was a tutorial on how to make a Pandora without another PSP. :p

Saracchini
September 22nd, 2007, 21:43
Yes , there´s a program who creates an Magic Memory Stick using only the PC. I can post it IF it doesn go against Dcemu rules. Probabily it contains copyrighted material from Sony.

I tested and it boot Pandora Menu fine. I hunted
something like it in entire web because my PSP had a semi-brick which doesnt alloy run any code which uses 1.50 kernel and noone in Campinas heard about Pandora... i can stil create an Pandora Battery because exists an Batery Tool for 3.xx firmwares (thanks God !) andf used the another program to create the MS.

But remember to create pandora you must use an homebrew friendly PSP.

jak66
September 22nd, 2007, 21:51
Yes , there´s a program who creates an Magic Memory Stick using only the PC. I can post it IF it doesn go against Dcemu rules. Probabily it contains copyrighted material from Sony.

I tested and it boot Pandora Menu fine. I hunted
something like it in entire web because my PSP had a semi-brick which doesnt alloy run any code which uses 1.50 kernel and noone in Campinas heard about Pandora... i can stil create an Pandora Battery because exists an Batery Tool for 3.xx firmwares (thanks God !) andf used the another program to create the MS.

But remember to create pandora you must use an homebrew friendly PSP.

I wouldn't post Pandora's Box here, it would be against the rules/illegal as it does contain Sony's code (as it has part of a firmware dump).

Saracchini
September 22nd, 2007, 22:33
I wouldn't post Pandora's Box here, it would be against the rules/illegal as it does contain Sony's code (as it has part of a firmware dump).

As i expected... it puts 1.50 firmware update directly inside your MS and the decripted prx. Too bad to people wich really needs (as I needed) .... but rules are rules and i wont break it.

I´m wondering if an metal sensor is the responsible for my flash0 corruption... It is a normal proceeding is use an metal sensor in the baggage to take an bus which cross states in Brazil because no fireweapons and knifes are alowed inside it.

JAKETHESNAKE28
September 22nd, 2007, 22:39
When I read this I thought it was a tutorial on how to make a Pandora without another PSP. :p

I gave you the link on how to do it. All you need to google is pandoras box and bam you will have it. Just a warning though. Disconect the battery before you blow your hand off!!! All i had to do after that was take a flathead screwdriver and break off the pin. easy as pie.

luysion
September 28th, 2007, 01:43
hey dude i pm'd u for the links :)

marzsyndrome
September 28th, 2007, 02:02
Sounds too much like a lot of bother to me. I think I'll plump for a pre-chipped fat PSP for the time being rather than a Slim.

luysion
September 28th, 2007, 02:06
it works though so :D (well for him it did)

marzsyndrome
September 28th, 2007, 12:30
Maybe if some mod-chip site offered an automated service on this........ has anyone started doing this yet?

sbmpsp
April 6th, 2008, 15:40
if i got a pandoras battery and and memory card already installed. would i still need another psp running a homebrew.
i want to downgrade my psp its a 3.90 found where to buy the battery and memory card many thanks shane

cal360
April 6th, 2008, 15:42
if i got a pandoras battery and and memory card already installed. would i still need another psp running a homebrew.
i want to downgrade my psp its a 3.90 found where to buy the battery and memory card many thanks shane

Well if the memory card firmware is already installed then yes. You will still require the official Sony firmware but you won't need another PSP for that.