PDA

View Full Version : New 1200mah battery STUCK in old psp HELP!

ab9003
September 17th, 2007, 05:18
I was an idiot and attempted to put my new 1200mah battery that came with my slim into my old phat psp. Now its stuck in there and I have no idea how I can get it out without breaking it or my system. The systems virtually useless until I get it out because it doesnt work in the regular psp apparently. I dont need to hear how stupid I am for doing this I already know that I just need help so I dont break this thing or cant use it anymore.

EDIT: Figured out how to get it out! If you're having this problem too see post 3 :).

V3N0M
September 17th, 2007, 05:31
Can you post some pictures? Try getting them from a few different angles and with plenty of light to see. If we can actually see the problem we might be able to help.

ab9003
September 17th, 2007, 05:36
Sorry for not having pictures, what I wound up doing was taking a big plug from the wall with 2 metal prongs and using it in the middle part of the battery which stuck out slightly, after a short time it started coming out! Thank god, I kept trying to use my nails to get it out for 20 minutes with no progress but it seems to be working okay now, both the battery and battery area of my psp. Just learn from me not to ever put your slim battery in an old psp! Phew, it does have some small damage on the outer casing of the battery but it seems to not effect it at all, thank god.

Classic80s
September 17th, 2007, 05:38
Lol if it exploded you would had asked dcemu for help huh?

ab9003
September 17th, 2007, 05:39
Dcemu has proven itself worthy ;). This is where I found out my old pandora can be taught new tricks (slim cfw creator) and still do its old stuff. Im so relieved, now I got 3.60 m33 running on my brand new slim and my old psp is functional again.

lamentofking
September 17th, 2007, 10:25
yea! praise dcemu! :)