PDA

View Full Version : CAn the type of MS effect plugins?

carlitx
September 17th, 2007, 17:49
Ok so this has been a long unanswered question in my books about why the hell i can't get a plugin working on either of my 2 psp's (one is now scrap). And i remember a while back, i don't know from where, but i think it may have to do with the memory sticks i own, which are Lexar, could this be the problem? could a lexar MS stop a plugin from actually working? i mean i have the .txt's done correctly, and i can enable the plugins but they will not take effect. anyone know?

dangee
September 17th, 2007, 20:40
I'd say yes, with little doubt.
I tried every stupid thng to get prx plugins
working on a Sony magicGate 128mb memstick duo a while back,
(including a post in this forum, reflashing the f/w ,
reformatting via several methods), nil worked.
The exact same configs worked without a squeak on a
Sandisk 512mb pro duo.
maybe theres some strict timing involved during
boot that some memstick models can't achieve?

pt9087
September 18th, 2007, 17:04
The RAW speed and size are not big or stong enough for seplugins

carlitx
September 19th, 2007, 02:29
ah damn it! looks like ill never have a working plugins, untill 8GB's go down to my price level so i can buy a sandisk

CaG00s3
September 19th, 2007, 02:39
It could be any number of things, free space, a latency issue, or corrupt sectors. I have a Lexar 4Gb and a 2GB, and I must say that i haven't been impressed, but if I were you I'd try a flash dump and then enable the plugin. You should be dumping the flash every time you switch kernels or enable and disable plugins, and even when you're switching the No UMD drivers, among other things. Also some plugins have issues with the way the firmware installed, which is specific to every PSP, sometimes things don't copy right, especially if you didn't dump the flash between downgrading and upgrading.

pt9087
September 19th, 2007, 13:07
It could be any number of things, free space, a latency issue, or corrupt sectors. I have a Lexar 4Gb and a 2GB, and I must say that i haven't been impressed, but if I were you I'd try a flash dump and then enable the plugin. You should be dumping the flash every time you switch kernels or enable and disable plugins, and even when you're switching the No UMD drivers, among other things. Also some plugins have issues with the way the firmware installed, which is specific to every PSP, sometimes things don't copy right, especially if you didn't dump the flash between downgrading and upgrading.

Trust me dude, its the RAW of Lexar

You can flash your seplugins tho!

carlitx
September 19th, 2007, 21:55
Can i really flash them? like the cheat devices, the screen shots and the irshell plugin to make it work correctly on m33? wow please make an easy to understand tutorial on how i do that? i know how to access the flash on my comp and thats how i always flash things.

pt9087
September 19th, 2007, 23:09
Backup this file first! as im not sure on compatability with M33 or any higher firmware

Go into Flash0/KN folder and edit pspbtcnf.bin (open with notepad) and at the end of the text just add in your .prx file e.g

/vsh/module/screenshot.prx

Modified files to run this need to be in ROOT of the card! e.g CWCheat folders goes in root!

jamotto
September 20th, 2007, 00:58
Trust me dude, its the RAW of Lexar

You can flash your seplugins tho!

Lexar's must crawl speed wise. I had a fake "Sony" MS that had a raw read speed of 1.5MB/s and a write speed of < 1MB/s and plugins work fine on it. I can't imagine a MS going any slower!

carlitx
September 20th, 2007, 01:21
lol well ill find the speed later but thnx man doing this asap

edit wen i go into the file its all squares :S

nvm fiixed it

ok never worked, now i have semibribk :D XD :( np i easily back up lol. (all i get is black screen with backlight.)

heres a screeny of my ms root and the file from my flash that i configed. please tell me if this is right or not.

pt9087
September 20th, 2007, 13:45
I took your .bin file and edited it to make it correct!

You must place all your prx files in the KN folder!

If you use this file its not my fault if somthing goes wrong, aslong as you have a backup you should be ok.

Do not download this if your just reading through, its been edited for certain plugins! :thumbup:

carlitx
September 21st, 2007, 21:43
ok thnx man ill use this with the plugins

....still wont work the plugins are in the KN folder and i put the file u gave me and over wrote it in the KN folder and still semibrick with a black screen and back light sadly......