PDA

View Full Version : OE Source Leaked, M33 not happy... CFW setback

MicroNut
September 17th, 2007, 20:29
http://m-33.narod.ru/

Hello, world.

As you have seen, some things have changed between Sony and the developing of custom firmwares.

Due to the leak (that we've always gone against this crime) of the OE sources from a private svn, everyone can
take a peek into the patches done from the Open Edition to the original firmwares to allow the development
into this scene that was growing day after day. And, when we say anyone, we include Sony.

This intrusion into one of the basis of the actual PSP Scene, has just made harm to the entire world of the
PSP Scene. Therefore, Sony saw this and made some interesting changes in some modules (mainly loadcore), plus
the change of some nids that are used to the development of M33 Custom Firmware.

So, if you can't wait for the new release, you'll have to wait; and this is cause this leak and this changes
made upon the material we work and we try to release asap to the *entire* psp community. Looks like, as always,
there is someone that wants to be important in this world when no-one asks him, and his result is this delay
on the development of the new versions.

This "benefit" that much lammers talked about in foreign forums, talking about OE leak, will just made a result
in the near future: that serious developers (including us) will think twice before releasing anything else.

And also, speaking about the new "custom firmwares" that have been released, such as AoP, and others addons
that use M33Cf, will be deeply studied and reversered to see if *anything* of the core, reboot, or whatever
from our work has been ilegally used. If this is afirmative, we'll have to act against this.

This changes won't probably last too long and won't be an important problem, but it's just, as we have just said,
another resultant of trying to be someone on this world by stealing and leaking instead of studying.

Please have patient and stay tuned for the next Custom Firmware for PSP and PSP Slim and Lite :)

M33 Team.

LobsterMonster
September 17th, 2007, 20:45
aww man, that sucks, I'm glad my PSP didn't brick when I went from OE firmware to M33 firmware.

Oh well, Hopefully the new God of War game will be able to run on CFW 3.52

Alpha Male
September 17th, 2007, 23:22
I guess that's what happens when people get greedy. Hopefully this doesn't seriously affect future developments.