PDA

View Full Version : VOB conversion ummm...soundtrack situation

Jdemon
July 3rd, 2005, 14:41
Any help on this one will be greatly appreciated!!

I am doing a video conversions from my own copy of The Animatrix DVD. I used SmartRipper to extract the VOB (NTSC 6ch English). It worked like a charm (as usual) and the new VOB plays on my PC in English just fine.

Now here's the problem...

When I convert this file for the PSP it has the Japanese Soundtrack :confused: So far I've used 3GP, Video 9, and even ImTOO converters ALL of them give me Japanese. As far as I can see there are no settings on any of these converters to select or change audio.

Unfortunately there is no "2ch English" track on the DVD...obviously the Japanese dialog is embeded in the 6ch audio somewhere and that ends up being the default for all 3 converters.

Anyone got any ideas?

manv4387
July 3rd, 2005, 16:18
Mate I had a similiar problem. to get my DVDS on my PSP I decrept it using DVD Shrink 3.2 then there are lots of vob files on my harddrive. click on the first vob file and rename it to whatever your DVD is but make sure u end it with .mpg then i run PSP Video9 and convert it. It may take abit of time but when I run it on my PSP its brilliant with English audio. hope that helps.

Jdemon
July 3rd, 2005, 16:42
Thanks for the idea...I've got DVD Shrink 3.1 so maybe I will give it a go today some time. But I'd really like to avoid the double processing if I can...the direct VOB conversions blow everything else away IMHO :D

Jdemon
July 4th, 2005, 02:08
Well, I will be putting Animatrix "on hold" for now. But I did manage to rip all 3 Riddick episodes and they look amazing...working on Dune now :D

Jdemon
July 4th, 2005, 12:47
OK...last time I post on this one untill someone else posts I promise...but I'm assuming with 57 hits on this thread that someone other than myself is reading it :D

I used DVD2AVI (1.77.3) and it worked like a charm. I just selected Audio track 2 and converted the file to an XviD avi...then used 3GP and it looks just as awesome as the first file...even close in size too.

Original (japanese dialog) MP4 - 62.7MB (vob to 3GP)
New (english dialog) MP4 - 62.9MB (vob to DVD2AVI to 3GP)