PDA

View Full Version : Play Halo 3 Early, Get Banned!

Basil Zero
September 19th, 2007, 20:11
Microsoft Threatens to ban Live Accounts if Halo 3 is Played Early due to Street release Dates!

Barely an hour goes by without a tip popping into our magical Kotaku mailbox regarding broken street dates for Halo 3. Copies are appearing on eBay around the world, companies are shipping out their copies too early, and in some instances, people are just being asshats. UK gaming site Pro-G got their hands on a copy from high-street retailer Argos through their website, which this morning was allowing customers to order the game with an in-store pickup date of today. Before popping the game into their 360, however, they wisely contacted Microsoft. A rep for the company confirmed that anyone playing Halo 3 before the release date will have their Xbox Live accounts banned, going on to warn that simply playing offline will not work, as the moment you connect to live your play history will get you flagged for a ban. For those getting their hands on early copies, enjoy that new game smell...you've only got a week tops to wait.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-live/play-halo-3-early-get-banned-301408.php

cal360
September 19th, 2007, 20:15
Well people should wait untill it's are officially released first.

bleepdamnit
September 19th, 2007, 20:51
Thats bull, they got it legally: it's not their fault stores break the streetdate. It's not even violating the toa, right?

Shadowblind
September 19th, 2007, 21:51
MS is overreacting, but I can't blame them. Its one of they're star games, they developed it, they choose when we play it. Its fair for me and everyone who DOESN'T have the option to buy it yet.

Cap'n 1time
September 19th, 2007, 21:52
It's probably just a temporary ban. I cant see MS punishing people for something they bought legally.

mastersho
September 19th, 2007, 22:49
well if you rent an xbox360(cuz in my town you can do that) and just play Halo 3 on that, or just play it on a friends 360(but that would be underhanded).