PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 Firmware, Corrupted Data in Menus

molotovwars
July 3rd, 2005, 20:26
I just got my PSP a few days ago and started to play with the emulation. I figured out that I have the 1.5 Firmware (though I'm not 100% since I did just buy it, but I have not updated it since purchase. I put a compliation of different emulators on my PSP and they work fine, but in my menus for each application/emulator there is a corresponding icon that says "Corrupted Data". I think these are necessary because I tried deleting them though the PSP and afterwards the program wouldn't run. I'm guessing that this is related to the % at the end of folder names.

What I'm asking is do all 1.5 users also have this same thing? If so, is there a way to remove it (to make it look cleaner)? If not, then I really don't know.

Gamelver
July 3rd, 2005, 21:11
read the stickies!!!= (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7129&page=2)

(second to last post on that page...) I'm not sure if this one works perfectly, though....I guess I'll have to try it :P!!!!

Bus1nessboy
July 3rd, 2005, 21:15
Unfortunatly all 1.5's have to have this data ,BUT this data can also be hidden with a program that simply renames them ,you can find it but I personally don't remember where it's at as of now. So when I find I'll tell you where.

ganon
July 3rd, 2005, 21:28
search for seipsptool

molotovwars
July 3rd, 2005, 23:06
I went and tried the program that Gamelver posted, but that program doesn't work. It effectively hides the corrupt data icon, but then the actual program no longer works, at least I'm very sure of that. I had 3 Emulators on there and hid the corrupt data for 3 of them. The nes and gb/gbc no longer worked. The genesis one did, with the corrupt data hidden, but that was not one that I had installed, it was one that I copied from a pack I downloaded. Oh and I had tested the gb/gbc before I hid the corrupt data and it worked, and afterwards it didn't until I undid the whole process.

I'll give seipsptool a try now, I read I can also change the icon with that.

Jdemon
July 4th, 2005, 01:33
You can change your Icons/Music with PBP Unpacker.

Can anyone explain what needs to be done to hide the Corrupted Data, and not by using a "tool" but by using PBP or renaming folders, or actually doing it yourself. What is actually process being done that "hides" the (corrupted data) folder?

Kaiser
July 4th, 2005, 03:27
SeiPSP tool it really is simple and easy. I know alot of you people don't like using the tools and just like renaming and fiddiling with the files themselves however this is so much easier try it once and look at the folder names it makes. For example When I tell it to make a Genesis folder it Makes Genesis 1 folder (with spaces) and of course a dummy folder like Genesis~ 1.

Its the best thing out there for getting homebrew on your PSP nice and neat-like.