PDA

View Full Version : Newbie FAQS <-- Look here For homebrew info

shizzle
July 3rd, 2005, 20:26
Just for as long as this post lasts, i thought i'd give it a try.

If you're a total newbie in the psp scene, then post any questions that i do not answer here because then you will not be flamed.

1. Every time i load up my homebrew/emulator i get an error message this game could not be start !!!!!!!111.

This is probably because you have a 1.50 upwards psp. If you have a 1.0 you haven't installed the app properly, ask here for advice. If you've just ploped the 1.0 app on your 1.50 then you need to install it using a kxploit pbp maker app. 1.51/.52 psps are unfortuantly unable to run homebrew at this time, because they have security checks.

Well that pretty much covers everything. Please feel free to ask for any assitance in any homebrew problem you may have.

Shizzle.

molotovwars
July 3rd, 2005, 20:32
Well, I just posted a quick thread, but maybe you can answer it here. With 1.5 will you have additional Corrupted Data icons in the Menu for the Memory Card stick? Like if I only have PSPGenesis on the PSP will I have the icon for PSPGenesis, and then another icon that corresponds to the additional folder with the % but says "Corrupted Data". Is there a way to remove this to make my menus more appealing.

ganon
July 3rd, 2005, 21:28
search for seipsptool

shizzle
July 3rd, 2005, 22:10
yea the sei psp tool will "hide" the corrupted data icons.

Exactly the type of posts we want here :D

gordillo24
July 24th, 2005, 00:21
i was wondering if you could help me figure out the pspgenesis emu. I have the lastest version 16 and when I get into thew emu, I cant find the roms anywere. what am I doing wrong?

Bloodsack
July 24th, 2005, 00:25
i was wondering if you could help me figure out the pspgenesis emu. I have the lastest version 16 and when I get into thew emu, I cant find the roms anywere. what am I doing wrong?

You have to upzip your Roms. It wont work zipped.

Unzip and put the file in your roms folder and they'll show up.

gordillo24
July 24th, 2005, 00:27
So I have to unzipp all my roms. I will try that.

Bloodsack
July 24th, 2005, 00:39
So I have to unzipp all my roms. I will try that.

Yes..

Unzip and all the roms will show up

Enjoy:)

gordillo24
July 24th, 2005, 01:40
Thank you. it worked. Thanks for not making me feel like an idiot.

devilishgrin
February 9th, 2007, 22:34
this thread still alive?...

xg917
February 9th, 2007, 22:36
wow ur grave digging

htaeh
February 11th, 2007, 03:11
hello. i am on 3.03oe-a and i succesfully run many homebrew games easily. my kernel is set to 1.5 so i run everything from my game folder. i have downloaded the homebrew game 'who wants to be a millionaire' and unzipped and followed instructions. I have put the folders 'millionaire' & 'millionaire%' into the game folder but when i go to run it shows up as a corrupt data icon. i have also tried in the game150 folder but also does the same. can anyone help me as to how i can get this game running? or is it just not possible to play on 3.03oe-a without some kind of loader? Thanks