PDA

View Full Version : Will a new motherboard help me out?

hooliganbandit
September 20th, 2007, 04:10
My psp is bricked beyond repair even with pandora's battery. When i insert pandora and run the downgrader, it formats my flash drives and is about to move on the next step, but then it just returns to pandora's startup menu. I think I may have flashed a 1.5 nand to a 3.52 m33 psp which, if i did, is most likely the cause of the problem. Will a new motherboard fix things? Are there any other parts of the psp i could replace to fix it? Thanks.

hacksparrow
September 20th, 2007, 10:51
have you done pandora before?

if so then check the battery. it must be 50% or more on a charge

it doesnt take long for pandora

pt9087
September 20th, 2007, 12:25
You can send me your PSP for repairs if you wish, many people have done! all you have to do is pay for delivery there and back. PM me!

alexvander
September 20th, 2007, 12:31
thats weird since the pandora is supposed to unbrick any psp so u must be doing it wrong or dont have all the right files. this is just a guess as i dont completly know how to use pandora since i dont have it yet but i will as soon as i get my 1gb memory stick off ebay

hooliganbandit
September 20th, 2007, 23:38
thats weird since the pandora is supposed to unbrick any psp so u must be doing it wrong or dont have all the right files. this is just a guess as i dont completly know how to use pandora since i dont have it yet but i will as soon as i get my 1gb memory stick off ebay

I tried the battery out on a different psp pretty soon after it failed to work on mine, and it worked fine. I think flashing the wrong nand messed with the idstorage since i know that can brick the psp for good. However, I really have no idea what idstorage is, so thats just a guess...

have you done pandora before?

if so then check the battery. it must be 50% or more on a charge

it doesnt take long for pandora

I'm charging it right now, but I really don't think anything different will happen.

Thanks for all this advice, but could someone please answer my original question too =P

Just ran charged pandora again: It says formatting ok - continuing in a moment, then the orange light blinks, goes off, and blinks again 3 seconds later. Then the menu pops up again. ...Which is what's been happening ever since the nand thing.

Gene
September 21st, 2007, 00:10
Try using the new bootmenu. It has options to run programs like xflash, or I suppose even the 3.52m33 eboot. Doesn't hurt to try, right?

hooliganbandit
September 21st, 2007, 00:17
Try using the new bootmenu. It has options to run programs like xflash, or I suppose even the 3.52m33 eboot. Doesn't hurt to try, right?

What do you mean by the new bootmenu?

NoQuarter
September 21st, 2007, 01:01
I think a new version of the pandora boot menu is up on the front psp page.
It allows for more options than the standard pandora menu.
I wonder if key cleaner will work from it?

hooliganbandit
September 22nd, 2007, 00:20
Wow, thanks so much for the extended boot menu suggestion. I am now able to run 1.5 of my memory stick. However, I am now experiencing an error trying to install custom firmware via the CFW installer on the menu.

The preparations for the upgrade go as planned and the upgrader loads. After I run it, it says something about PSAR and then says error: unassigning flash0 and then quits.

Any ideas?

Thanks again btw