PDA

View Full Version : can the touch screen like stop working if played too much?

kickasspats
September 20th, 2007, 15:33
well ya the title says it all but i used to have a phat DS and i remember there were parts of the touch screen that wouldnt work well but luckily a while back my brother broke the DS and we got a lite one, but if for some reason i play the DS too much will the touch screen stop working in some areas? also if u press kinda hard on the screen will that break it also?

bah
September 20th, 2007, 15:58
I wouldn't think just using it normally, even a whole lot, would 'wear it out' to the point of not working.

It sounds like its was just a bad unit, pressing really hard on the thing or any other type of abuse could damage the LCD or the touch sensitivity.

Be gentle with the thing and you should have many many hours of enjoyment with no problems.

kickasspats
September 20th, 2007, 17:13
ok thx bah and btw my brother is the one that presses hard on it, i try to be careful because i didnt want to break it :p

cal360
September 20th, 2007, 17:33
I've still got the original from the release day and the screen is still as good, but i'm probably going to get a DS lite soon as my touch screen seems to delicate to play some of the newer games.