PDA

View Full Version : Something I found on YouTube

VampDude
September 20th, 2007, 14:49
avtfC2Kh6Ho

Did Banjo and Conker (or any of these characters) ever make it onto the Xbox? (even as a cameo/bonus in another game by RARE on Xbox) or was this commercial just clearly stating that RARE was making games for the Xbox and not Nintendo's GameCube? (thou RARE started making Donkey Kong Racing for GameCube which was never released)

List of games I know RARE have made for the Xbox 360: (as none for the original Xbox of which I currently know of)

Jetpac Refuelled - Xbox 360 (Live Arcade)
Kameo: Elements of Power - Xbox 360
Perfect Dark Zero - Xbox 360
Viva Piņata - Xbox 360

---

But no Banjo or Conker game? (and the other 2 characters) Have they been left in the past?

bah
September 20th, 2007, 15:08
Conkers Bad Fur Day was ported over to the original xbox (I'm pretty sure by rare) with greatly enhanced graphics (it looks great), voices (actually done really well I thought) and multiplayer. I think the single player was slightly different (a few bits cut out) also.

It was called Conker: Live and Reloaded, I really enjoyed it. Never played the original.

Microsoft bought rare in 2002 and the main guys left around the same time.

JKKDARK
September 20th, 2007, 15:10
In 2002, RARE was sold to Microsoft.

There was a Conker game on Microsoft consoles, Conker: Live & Reloaded released in 2005 for Xbox. And they are working on Banjo-Kazooie 3 for Xbox 360, which will be released in 2008.

VampDude
September 20th, 2007, 15:26
Conkers Bad Fur Day was ported over to the original xbox (I'm pretty sure by rare) with greatly enhanced graphics (it looks great), voices (actually done really well I thought) and multiplayer. I think the single player was slightly different (a few bits cut out) also.

It was called Conker: Live and Reloaded, I really enjoyed it. Never played the original.

Microsoft bought rare in 2002 and the main guys left around the same time.

I found an image of the Conker case, and wow haven't they stolen the SEGA font for the word LIVE?

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/12/conker-live-and-reloaded.jpg

In 2002, RARE was sold to Microsoft.

There was a Conker game on Microsoft consoles, Conker: Live & Reloaded released in 2005 for Xbox. And they are working on Banjo-Kazooie 3 for Xbox 360, which will be released in 2008.

Banjo Kazooie 3 should be a good game, RARE should have never sold to Microsoft.

cal360
September 20th, 2007, 16:05
I loved live and reloded it was a perfect port to me and it couldn't of been any better. Rare makes some of the best games around and even if they're now working for Microsoft it doesn't matter as long as I still get the good games.

VampDude
September 20th, 2007, 17:03
I loved live and reloded it was a perfect port to me and it couldn't of been any better. Rare makes some of the best games around and even if they're now working for Microsoft it doesn't matter as long as I still get the good games.

RARE would be even better if they re-made Goldeneye, cause that was an awesome game :)

SnesR0X
September 20th, 2007, 19:39
RARE would be even better if they re-made Goldeneye, cause that was an awesome game :)

I think they will eventually, they HAVE to, so legendary, and online would be amazing :D

Vampbri-n
September 20th, 2007, 21:01
Vhat about banjo-kazzoie? Zhat vas a truly amazing game.

VampDude
September 20th, 2007, 21:22
I think they will eventually, they HAVE to, so legendary, and online would be amazing :D

It would, playing multiplayer on the N64 with split-screen sucked...

...But playing fullscreen multiplayer online would be the coolest, hopefully they still have the Goldeneye license.

quzar
September 20th, 2007, 22:11

iirc the reason they havn't is because they no longer have the right to the James Bond series.

VampDude
September 20th, 2007, 22:18
iirc the reason they havn't is because they no longer have the right to the James Bond series.

EA do now I think? :confused:

Man
September 21st, 2007, 03:43
Kameo Sucked ass on xbox 360, my brother bought it to play on the xbox 360 i bought, and i told him it would never be put in my system because it sucked to badly. I also have VIVA PINATA which surprisingly is an amazing game.

bah
September 21st, 2007, 06:10
Even if they did have the rights to bond, it was an amazing game for its time and (one of) the first decent console FPSs, but that doesn't guarantee a new one would be on the same level.

If they re-made it now for current gen systems, already with some decent FPSs, would it stand out the same amongst the crowd?

I guess if rare were making it hopefully they could pull off another standout game, but it would surely be a fair bit different and not just goldeneye with better graphics/new maps.

Just my thoughts, feel free to disagree :)

SnesR0X
September 21st, 2007, 06:59
I would personally love it :D

VampDude
September 21st, 2007, 07:08
I would personally love it :D

We all would! :D