PDA

View Full Version : Need help running Homebrew games!

Sieg
July 3rd, 2005, 22:32
I just recently got my DC emulator (Chankast_alpha_25) incuding bios and plugins.... Everything seems to be running fine once I start the Emulator. I'm not trying to play any roms, instead, I am trying to play actual games I bought (my dreamcast broke) on the emulator. Whenever I press Play on the dreamcast menu, it asks me to insert a game when I already have. I can't get my emulator to play the games!

PLZ help!!

Thx in advance!

curt_grymala
July 5th, 2005, 01:37
Unfortunately, AFAIK, Chankast can't play actual DC games, as your computer should be incapable of reading them properly. You have two choices:
1) Find another DC you can buy (check http://forums.dcpawnshop.com/ or Ebay, or possibly GameCrazy, EB Games or Babbage's)
2) Find illegal copies of your games, which I really do not recommend, but, unfortunately, they are required in order to use Chankast properly (although, the BIOS is illegal as well, so it's not that big of a stretch).

If you choose the second method, please remember that you cannot discuss that at all in these forums. We will not be able to help you in the least.