PDA

View Full Version : 'Super Paper Mario' causes Wii to crash

VampDude
September 20th, 2007, 18:23
Via: digital spy (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a75995/super-paper-mario-causes-wii-to-crash.html)

Thursday, September 20 2007

The top-selling Super Paper Mario has a serious bug that causes the Wii console to crash, Nintendo has revealed.

The bug, which occurs at the start of Chapter 2-2, forces the gamer to re-boot their console and restart the game from their last save point.

A Nintendo spokesman, who claims the bug is avoidable, said: "At the start of Chapter 2-2, you will come across a character called Mimi. She will tell you to go to the farthest room on the first floor to meet a character called Merlee.

"Enter that room and press the green switch. A trap will be triggered, and a spiked ceiling will descend upon Mario. Before the ceiling reaches him, flip into 3D and jump on it to find a key.

“If you pick up the key, you won't run into any problems. Use it to open the locked door to Mimi's right. However, if you talk to Mimi without picking up the key, the game will freeze. You will then have to turn off your Wii console and start again from your last save point.”

The company has assured users the problem will not damage the Wii or the game disc - but has promised to replace the disc for anyone who feels concerned.

Sonicboy 101
September 20th, 2007, 18:34
Already been posted.

VampDude
September 20th, 2007, 19:00
Already been posted.

Oh? :(

Anyway, I hope that Nintendo will release a fixed/patched version of the game in the near future as I really want this game.

prophecy
September 24th, 2007, 01:23
wow. i beat the game without any problems. 19hrs. its a pretty simple game.

graham8v
March 20th, 2008, 21:29
lol just took the game back becuase of this, the replacement did the same, so google was my friend and i found this forum with the answer!! thanks, will save em another trip to bluewater with my boy