PDA

View Full Version : Clean up please

CannedSoup
July 3rd, 2005, 23:51
Its ****ing getting ridiculous. Can we get ride of all these damn stickies. Every release doesnt need to be stickied. Just make one topic to put all releases in and updated it apon new releases.

Jdemon
July 4th, 2005, 01:39
Well without all getting foul about it...you do have a point...but then again it is the weekend :D

Personally I don't think the "PSP" Forums are aptly named for what is being posted in them...alot of people are posting stuff all over the place..or they post it here (Emu/HB) because this forum seems to get the most traffic and General Discussion.

Kaiser
July 4th, 2005, 03:37
Ya, They definately should make some up-to-date libraries with all emulators and information about them and links too them. Same with homebrew games.

Cross's thread on emulators is a great start and actually makes some of those stickies useless.

ArchAngel
July 4th, 2005, 04:48
I dont mind the stickeys, they are all of stuff we should know, and instead of people walking in the forum asking "Where the hell is this and that", they can just read the first few topics.

Žeddragon
July 4th, 2005, 05:05
I have a perfect ideal! Have a new folder for things we should know about the PSP Homebrew. We could call it the Sticky Folder(example; PSP Emulation & Homebrew Forum>Sticky Folder). :D...Something like that. And this board "PSP Emulation & Homebrew Forum". Should be like the way it is now. Asking questions.

leggy
July 4th, 2005, 11:05
What on earth is wrong with the stickies???

So, you have to scroll down the page to find other threads - hardly hard work, is it. :)

Riotz
July 4th, 2005, 11:34
No its not hard at all just gets rather annoying to have to keep doing it over and over and over. Especially when you visit the forums quite frequently.

ptr.exe
July 4th, 2005, 11:57
They
who exactly are they? Kaiser.

The PSP forum is over run with pointless posts and talk of warez, im sure when the PSP forum mods have finished with all that then they may address the horrible issue of too many stickies.

Puerrican718
July 4th, 2005, 17:30
I dont see any problems with the stickys. Though a folder for all the "How to" stickys sounds like a good idea. While keeping a rules in the main thread still. The emu stickys should stay here but i think one thread alone would be good enough rather then 1 for each emu, i dont kno. It all depends on the admin. and mods. anyway.

iapetus2k2
July 4th, 2005, 17:48
There are only going to be more pieces of PSP software over time - with one sticky per title it won't be long before there aren't any non-sticky posts visible at all. :)

Cross
July 4th, 2005, 17:54
Cross's thread on emulators is a great start and actually makes some of those stickies useless.

Thanks I feel Like I am accomplishing something now ^-^

Puerrican718
July 5th, 2005, 15:16
Yeah if anything Cross's compatibility thread should be a sticky so ppl dont have to ask wether or not if "so&so" game is running good or not.

ArchAngel
July 5th, 2005, 20:53
The whole Idea of the stickey system is to make it so that everyone that hears about a release can see it nice and bright at the top of the screen, or people that walk into the forums can see them nice and bold looking. The only thing I ever see un-stickeyed are people that cant read the stickeyed posts. Threads like "CORRUPTED FILES HELP", and PSP "stuck" can all be answered in the stickeyed threads. If your PSP is
"stuck" or seems frozen, hold the power button in the off position for 10 seconds until the PSP turns off, then turn it back on, simple. Or take the battery out and leave it out for a bit.

CannedSoup
July 5th, 2005, 21:13
Its pointless to have a sticky for ever damn release. All releases should be handled in one topic. Then you just can view the topic to see new releases. Plus are some things sticky like the genesis emulators while others arent. Its just pointless to have almost a fullpage worth of stickies.

F34R
July 5th, 2005, 23:52
I personally dont have a problem with all the sticky's... another suggestion could be though, a sticky for each type of emu... i.e. SNES Sticky ( for snes releases ) NES sticky ( for NES releases ) etc.

Cap'n 1time
July 6th, 2005, 00:26
I personally dont have a problem with all the sticky's... another suggestion could be though, a sticky for each type of emu... i.e. SNES Sticky ( for snes releases ) NES sticky ( for NES releases ) etc.

not that its my place to run this forum, but i think this is a good idea. that or another section for releases in which only mods can create threads.

Cross
July 6th, 2005, 00:36
I think some stickies, like the ones telling users what homebrew is currently working etc, Rules, EMU reviews and compatabilty ETC. But for every Emulator? No I think they should be done just the way the mods do it now (Just annoice it) and in the EMU/Compatability thread keep it updated there, etc.

F34R
July 6th, 2005, 01:25
not that its my place to run this forum, but i think this is a good idea. that or another section for releases in which only mods can create threads.

Thanks for the compliment...