PDA

View Full Version : You may remember when "hackers" gained access to the internals of the Halo 3 beta...

ExcruciationX
September 20th, 2007, 22:54
A particular user (his name is omitted for privacy reasons) was friends with the people that broke into the beta to access information and references in the code about the story and such (don't worry no spoilers here). I asked him for some map names via a PM and this is the response...

"DCEmu Forums:: The Homebrew & Gaming Network :: PSP Dreamcast Nintendo DS Wii GP2X Xbox 360 GBA Gamecube PS2 Forums;http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin

Private Message Dump for User ExcruciationX; September 20th, 2007 14:42 -->
################################################## ##############################
Folder : Inbox
################################################## ##############################

================================================== ==============================
From : (Omitted) To : ExcruciationX Date : 2007-05-20 21:24 Title : I'll be nice and say a few. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't want to list them all because my friend and I aren't sure if they are maps or not, but here are a few we uncovered. Please though, for the love of god, don't say anything about this to anyone.

Here are some.

Isolation
Warthog Inc.
Epitah
Chill

There are some more, but I'm not going to say yet. We are in the process of uncovering more info. Luckily, our friend compiled us a nice program that can help."

Buddy4point0
September 20th, 2007, 22:55
ha dude sweet!

ExcruciationX
September 20th, 2007, 22:59
Don't take this with a grain of salt. This guy is trustworthy.

You may know that Isolation is a real map (I'm not sure if the map name was known yet).

Buddy4point0
September 20th, 2007, 23:07
i have seen the ending vid.
i just saw it on youtube

ExcruciationX
September 20th, 2007, 23:11
Is the ending conclusive (do NOT spoil the ending!)?

Buddy4point0
September 20th, 2007, 23:13
what do u mean by conclusive. explain more and ill try not to spoil it.

if your asking if it seams to end the story and be completely done. then most deffinantly

ExcruciationX
September 20th, 2007, 23:36
That's what I meant.

I'm actually happy and sad that they're ending the story.

Buddy4point0
September 20th, 2007, 23:50
That's what I meant.

they might be abile to make another though.

they set it up so that they cant but i can still think of a few ways that they could make another. but most likely, yes it is done.
and i have to say, what an amazing storyline in both halo 1 and 2, and although i havnt played the storyline in halo 3 im sure it is even more in depth and amazing.

wolfpack
September 21st, 2007, 01:52
Didnt he say, Please for the love of god dont show this to anyone? i think youre breaking someones word Ex :p

VampDude
September 21st, 2007, 02:20
Didnt he say, Please for the love of god dont show this to anyone? i think youre breaking someones word Ex :p

I think the guy meant that ages ago, which does not apply now?

ExcruciationX
September 21st, 2007, 05:16
It doesn't mean anything now since Halo 3 is going to be relased in four days (Seattle time).

VampDude
September 21st, 2007, 06:46
It doesn't mean anything now since Halo 3 is going to be relased in four days (Seattle time).

That's what I said, the guy meant it then but now it doesn't mean anything (cause it's soon to be released) :)

ExcruciationX
September 22nd, 2007, 10:35
Yep, now it's in three days.

Maybe I should say who it is, although anybody registered in the last few months won't know who he is.

Vampbri-n
September 22nd, 2007, 12:49
That's what I meant.

All good things must come to an end.

Halo was one of them.

Oh and now in the future when they make another super smash bros. game, how many people think master chief would be in it? Because you know master cheif vs samus.

JPJunkie
September 22nd, 2007, 12:52
Halo 3 is gonna be amazing btw does anyone no when GTA Vl is coming out

Buddy4point0
September 22nd, 2007, 17:21
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i was wrong!!!!!

therses another vid!

when you beat it on legendary mode, theres somthing special after the credits...

and about it being conclusive... possibly

Cap'n 1time
September 22nd, 2007, 18:25
i was wrong!!!!!

therses another vid!

when you beat it on legendary mode, theres somthing special after the credits...

Ive also heard that there are alternate endings. I dont know if they were just talking about the legendary ending, or if it means there are more.

DarthPaul
September 22nd, 2007, 18:26
Halo 3 is gonna be amazing btw does anyone no when GTA Vl is coming out

It's been moved to Spring 2008.

VampDude
September 22nd, 2007, 18:56
i was wrong!!!!!

therses another vid!

Most games usually have more than one ending, it gives a game more replay value :)

Buddy4point0
September 22nd, 2007, 21:49
Ive also heard that there are alternate endings. I dont know if they were just talking about the legendary ending, or if it means there are more.

nah, the ending is the same.
just the part that proves master cheif is alive is after the credits. which only happens on legendary.

theres acually alot of differences in the cut sceens of both halo 2 and 3 for legendary.
mainly vocals, for example on normal the first cut sceen sagent johnson says somthing about "they must follow the smell of a real man"
and and legendary he says "they gotta be following da smell of a badass"

VampDude
September 22nd, 2007, 21:51
nah, the ending is the same.
just the part that proves master cheif is alive is after the credits.

Just like on most games, there are always endings of where you go one way other than another (if that makes sense).

ExcruciationX
September 24th, 2007, 04:32
Don't spoil anything else!

VampDude
September 24th, 2007, 05:06
Don't spoil anything else!

What's spoiled dude?

ExcruciationX
September 24th, 2007, 12:34
That Master Chief lives.

ExcruciationX
September 25th, 2007, 22:45
Sorry for the double post, but since Halo 3 is now out, I'd thought I'd say who is friends with the hackers and sent the PM to me.

Destroyer699

VampDude
September 25th, 2007, 23:08
That Master Chief lives.

lol, Halo 3 was a dream!

I just made that up on the spot (just so you don't kill me), but sorry if Halo 3 is/was a dream thou :rofl:

Buddy4point0
September 26th, 2007, 04:41
dood... can u say halo 4!!

ExcruciationX
September 26th, 2007, 16:26