PDA

View Full Version : question about an emulator for the psp.

Takean
July 4th, 2005, 05:05
Hi. I just joined today, but I have been coming to this sit for months now. I think its not only great, but just the community here is just...well, awesome. I understand that there are certain rules to posting on forums, and especially about emus and roms for that matter. And to be up front right now, I am not asking where, how, what, or anything like that about these files.
Now that thats out in the open, let me ask this. One reason why I got the psp, not only because its a great system, and has a great future, but was for emulation. My comp is more than powerful enough to play any emu, but I hate being at a comp playing anything but comp games, and the gp32, and the psp were more my thing for anything emulation. Heck, just taking it anywhere is great to me...and being able to play classics.

My problem is this. When the first memory card swap trick was made available...not sure which snes emu was used. I think I read that it was version 3...not sure, and don't quote me on it. Anyway, one particular game worked great. Saved fine, etc. But once the expolit became available, it no longer works right. Whether exiting the starting town, ...nothing. So, just wonder if anyone else had any problems with this one. Its a translation of tales of phantasia by dejap. I am sorry if I am not suppossed to state any names. So please, if its wrong, don't everyone burn me on it. I appologize. I did notice when it loads up, the rom loading words are yellow, and not white like others. Not sure if thats a warning that it is bad. I have tried different versions of the game, none seem to work. So just wondering if I was doing something wrong, or if sometimes, emus work on some versions for some games, but not others.

Žeddragon
July 4th, 2005, 05:13
Try the Unoffical Snes in this page. http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/unofficialsnes9xpsp.shtml

If you have probs post agian. :P

Kaiser
July 4th, 2005, 05:15
hmmm thats odd. Are you using same emulator and everything?

Žeddragon
July 4th, 2005, 05:16
I think he is using the Offical Snes Emualtor.

Oh and get the new kxexploit it is for nomore swaping. http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/kx-exploit.shtml

To change to English language. Go to the top of the window and there is two selections. Archivo and Idioma . Click Idioma and select english. I found this out on my own lol. :D

Takean
July 4th, 2005, 05:19
Sorry, being nervous about the forums, I was afraid to state something I wasn't....so I guess I didn't state what I was using. I am using the unofficial version. Latest ver. When I had the game work before, it was using the swap trick...not sure what version that was. But whatever verion that it was...it worked fine. But on the unofficial version 15 up to 21...doesn't let me pass the start town. Just locks up and the psp resets.

Takean
July 4th, 2005, 05:23
I just downloaded the file that the website had up for the swap trick when it was made available and it appears it was version .03a of Snex9x and not the unofficial version. So, can anyone else tell me if they ran into this problem with the unofficial version....unless its just me..which I wouldn't be surprised..lol.

Žeddragon
July 4th, 2005, 05:24
i edit my post above check it out. There is nomore swaping.

Takean
July 4th, 2005, 05:31
Yea. I have been using the kxploit now since it came out. But since then, Tales of Phantasia no longer works right. Thats why I wanted to know if anyone else has this problem..or if its just me. The swap trick used a different emu of the snes than the unofficial...which is what I am using. I stopped swapping when the kxploit came out.

Žeddragon
July 4th, 2005, 05:38
hmm well everything works great with mine....So I think it is you. OR you might be doing something wrong with the Eboot.

Takean
July 4th, 2005, 05:44
hmmm. Ok, here is how I have it set up. kxploit makes the files. I usually just have them names SNES. which on my psp, it makes snes and snes%. I place the games in the snes folder..so that when the emu loads, it has the games right there, no looking through folders, etc. other games seem to work fine, with saves, etc. but for some reason, in this game (ToP), after the intro, and blah blah blah, when I try to exit the town like your suppossed to, the game screen goes to black, like its suppossed to..so it loads the outside world. But it never does. It just stays black, until my psp 20 seconds later shuts off. Power is fine. So, maybe someone can get the game and test it on theirs, if they haven't...and see if it happens as well. I guess I could try the untranslated to see if it works. So I'll try that now.

Takean
July 4th, 2005, 06:00
ok. I think I found out. It appears, that the game file I used just wasn't compatable...or something was wrong with it. Because I tried the regular jap version..and it worked fine...so I tried another translation version...with lower case in it and it seems to work fine, and the rom loading isn't yeloowed colored but white like the other games. So, sorry to waste everyones time. Thanks for helping though :)