PDA

View Full Version : TGS 2007: Infinite Undiscovery Requires Extra Discs

Shrygue
September 21st, 2007, 18:17
via IGN (http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/821/821963p1.html)

In a meeting with Hiroshi Ogawa, Director for Infinite Undiscovery, and Hajime Kojima, Producer for the title, IGN learned for a second time at TGS this year that a game coming to Xbox 360 would require multiple discs. This time around, it's Infinite Undiscovery. The two game makers couldn't say exactly how many discs the game would require as it is still in the middle of production, but they were certain that it wouldn't fit on a single DVD. They also weren't sure how long the game would last, but estimated 30-40 hours.

Get used to the notion of a multiple disc games on Xbox 360. It's looking like you'll be seeing a lot of it in the future.

shedeus
September 22nd, 2007, 00:30
is that a bad thing? isn't how it's always been done in the last generation? FF VII anyone?

rokobungi
September 22nd, 2007, 01:14
still cheapter to produce a pair of dvd's than a single BRD though..

besides you know they aren't padding things just for the hell of it.

but I bet there will still be fewer than 10 games that use more than 1 disk

Shadowblind
September 22nd, 2007, 01:27
Bingo, hit the nail on the head people!

Sony used even 4 disks for its games on PSX, and almost every game was more then a single disk.

I still don't see the problem with multiple disks. If anyone has a reason that doesn't entail laziness, please enlighten me...

DarthPaul
September 22nd, 2007, 18:23
Yeah, there were games with 2, 3 or 4 disks before, because the capacity of the CD was less than now. A PSX disk holds up to 700mb. The 360 can store like 40gb or something, not sure, I only know that it's a lot.

PS: Lol I'm here because I thought the producer is Hideo Kojima, it's Hajime Kojima....