View Full Version : help me

September 22nd, 2007, 12:17
i want to use my psp as a gamepad so i could play games on my computer. for example halo2 im playing on my computer but is gay cause the butttons don't make any sense is there a program the i could use my psp so i could play this game if so what is the name..

September 22nd, 2007, 13:26
There is but you do require a wireles connection and it is a long process to set it up.

September 22nd, 2007, 14:19
yup my psp is my pc's gamepad :D
works quite well but it is a bit of a difficult setup.. well if you can follow instructions its not to bad really lol.

September 22nd, 2007, 14:50
just buy a 360 controller and plug it into your pc.. halo 2 automatically sets it up

September 22nd, 2007, 15:07
You want to use a joypad to control a FPS on a PC?

That is the strangest request I have ever heard....

What buttons are confusing? Mouse to look, WSAD = forwards back strafe left strafe right, mouse wheel up and down for weapon select, Q E R and F are often used for actions also. Thats pretty much the standard for all FPSs.

A PSP would suck for an FPS control as it only has 1 analog stick, you can get dual shock ripoff PC pads really cheap if you look in a few department stores, get an adapter to use a dual shock/xbox control, or (wired) xbox 360 controllers work on PCs with a driver from Microsoft.

Seriously though, FPSs are made for a mouse/kb, a dual analog stick is never going to come close. Try using a joypad instead of a mouse in windows, it just doesn't work when you want to quickly move a pointer to an icon and click. A crosshair to a head is the same thing.

September 22nd, 2007, 15:18
hmm thats true... i would just try and get used to mouse and kb if i were you. i think you'll soon find that dual analog sucks :D

i only use my psp as a gamepad for project 64 and other retro games.

September 22nd, 2007, 15:32
do you guys link me where i could download it please