PDA

View Full Version : Well CFW psp = totaly screwed, unless...

carlitx
September 24th, 2007, 15:56
OK long story short upgraded to 3.71 M33 for fat psp's went to the flash0 on my cpu tried using my topmenu_plugin.rco, 01-12 bg, and a custom wave. than i tried using my custom recovery.prx for a nicer looking recovery from i think an LE firmware (this was originally a plugin for m33 but could aslo be flashed). ne who first the psps would not even boot and get stuck at the sce. than i stupidly deleted the recovery.prx and now my psp starts up with black screen than after a minute or two shuts off. even when i hold down R. will Pandora fix this? (yes i have acess to another modded psp through friends)

ICE
September 24th, 2007, 16:03
lol you deleted recovery?
just pandora it i guess.

blackrave
September 24th, 2007, 16:16
Pandora should definitely be able to fix this, as I don't think it requires any of the files stored in flash0. Try that. Good luck!

bah
September 24th, 2007, 18:04
Customizing the look of a recovery menu.
Its really amazing how much other's priorities differ from mine.

I don't see why pandora wouldn't work.

pt9087
September 24th, 2007, 18:08
Pandora will work! Try it! :thumbup:

carlitx
September 24th, 2007, 18:27
ok good now i know pandora's been updated a few times so could someone send a link to the files i need to do it? soon as i get these im calling a friend over with his psp to help me out.

cal360
September 24th, 2007, 18:33
I did the same with mine :D, I fixed it with pandora a month after. You're lucky, I had given up hope and was going to trash the thing untill pandora came out.

camcorderdoctor
September 24th, 2007, 18:42
pandora does work - I downgraded using it earlier today - went up to 3.71 m33 and back down to 3.52 m33 and re-applied patch 4 - working awesome!

ExcruciationX
September 24th, 2007, 18:52
So, you're not putting that 178 IQ to work eh?

You can use "Pandora's Box" by "Dudewarez". It's never failed me.

Shrygue
September 24th, 2007, 20:53
So, you tried replacing a few files that control the PSP theme for 3.71 custom firmware? I wound up with that problem yesterday on one of my PSP units. I managed to get it back on its feet again by using the Pandora battery trick. If you have it, use it to recover your machine.

carlitx
September 24th, 2007, 22:32
ok ive run into a problem. i got a pandora battery (2 to be exact now lol) and the files from the installer generated on my MS but wen ever i try to use command prompt (XP SP2 Home) it says it cant open msipl.bin. i do it right by typing msinst/msinst than msinst\msinst O msipl.bin is the msinst sposed to open wen i double click it cause its doing the same thing as the mspformatter included. all they do is flash for about a split secod and close. so all i see is the outline of a cmd.exe and gone again. some1 please help. i told my friend id have his psp back rly soon

hers my error http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q144/carlitx/gfbf.jpg

EDIT!!!: yah figured out my problem all fixednow padora works awesome im keeping my spare battery and my 1 gig in a special case labeled PANDORA now lol. just in case.

ExcruciationX
September 25th, 2007, 23:56
Use the auto installer mentioned by me!

mike_jmg
September 27th, 2007, 02:37
pandora does work - I downgraded using it earlier today - went up to 3.71 m33 and back down to 3.52 m33 and re-applied patch 4 - working awesome!

wait a sec, does pandora works for bricked 3.71m33? if so, I'll try it as soon as I can get my hands on my friend's psp

I thought it didn't work right now, and that's why DAX is releasing a new unbricker for fat & slim

Cloudhunter
September 27th, 2007, 06:16
Yeah, I've heard it does. However as far as I know it only works with extended pandora menu, with the custom firmware eboot loader.

Cloudy