PDA

View Full Version : PSP is 'stuck'

handsome
July 5th, 2005, 06:48
Last time I played, I left Mario Kart paused (UO_Snes9x) and turned it off. I got a spare battery, tried to install it but could not successfully take my original battery out. Turned on the PSP and was not able to continue playing.

The 'home' button works, and when it asks if I want to quit the game, the directional pad works, 'X' works only if I press it on NO and 'O' works to get back to the screen. Recharged the battery and the problem isn't going away. Has anyone ever had this sort of problem? Please help

Kaiser
July 5th, 2005, 07:31
You have no choice but to take the battery out has happend to me alot playing Sega and Snes games.

BaconButty
July 5th, 2005, 08:58
In this situation, if you hold the power button up for about 5-10 seconds it should shut off on its own. At least it always has with me on a freeze.

handsome
July 5th, 2005, 10:14
In this situation, if you hold the power button up for about 5-10 seconds it should shut off on its own. At least it always has with me on a freeze.

Thanks a bunch. This fixed the problem.

shizzle
July 5th, 2005, 19:43
Sony have a point in the firmware upgrades really. It fixes all of this crap, a lot of the homebrew/emulators are not very well written to psp. They crash the psp, make you have to reconnect the battery and a variety of other problems, personally i think it's the price you pay but we are all still shortening our psps life expectencies.