PDA

View Full Version : Voice Recorder for DS?

freebie
September 24th, 2007, 22:24
Hi

I'm trying to find a homebrew voice recorder for the DS. Nitrotracker already incorporates the ability to record through the DS's microphone, however you then need to put the recorded speech/guitar/whatever into a song for it to save, not to mention you need to keep the 'B' button down for the duration of the recording.

What I'm looking for is a very simple program that boots up, you hit one button to begin recording, do your thing, hit a button to finish recording and voila - a wav. file on your flashcard. The ability to rename the files would be a plus but isn't necessary.

I'll be using this to record myself humming/singing/playing guitar at strange hours of the day when inspiration takes me and I haven't the opportunity to record anything properly due to work/children/wife nagging etc.

Does anyone know of a piece of software that does the job?

Thanks to any suggestions! :thumbup:

DanTheManMS
September 24th, 2007, 23:15
DSOrganize can do it. Just create a new file with the *.wav extension, highlight the new file, and press Y to record. However, voice quality isn't that good because DSO must simultaneously record the sound and write to to the card. It works, but it's not the greatest solution.

kcajblue
September 25th, 2007, 01:46
yeah.
DSO is the only thing i know that can do it.
the quality isnt that good though.
it sounds all grainy.

i thought it could have a .mp3 extension too though.

freebie
September 29th, 2007, 12:03
Thanks for the replies - I'll give this a go!

dark__echoes
October 5th, 2007, 02:03
dragonminded said he's gonna make better quality wav recording, so you might want to wait until he upgrades. also, i think the version befor neo flash contest entry has the best so far.