PDA

View Full Version : BoardReader

JKKDARK
September 25th, 2007, 14:42
This is a nice site about statistics from various sites. Check it now :)

http://boardreader.com/sp/DCEmu_Forums_The_Homebrew_Gami_9208.html

quzar
September 25th, 2007, 17:51
Can anyone say spam?

Sonicboy 101
September 25th, 2007, 18:10
Yeah, but I can't really be bothered to say it. :p

JKKDARK
September 25th, 2007, 18:24
Can anyone say spam?

Yes, because you only click on 2 or 3 Off-Topic threads per month.
I didn't think it was really spam. But it's not very important, I don't care if someone close the thread.

quzar
September 25th, 2007, 18:38
Yes, because you only click on 2 or 3 Off-Topic threads per month.
I didn't think it was really spam. But it's not very important, I don't care if someone close the thread.

I've read every topic currently on the front page of off topic. Just because I don't post in them, doesn't mean I don't read them.

Either way, I wasn't saying this was spam, it's extremely interesting and informative. If I thought it was spam it wouldn't be here anymore.

JPJunkie
September 25th, 2007, 21:08
Did you know there are 220436 members who have never posted on this forum?

Don't believe me (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/memberlist.php?do=getall)

Sonicboy 101
September 25th, 2007, 21:11
Yeah, they do it for the downloads.

VampDude
September 25th, 2007, 23:40
Users activity: 8 posts per thread

Well this is the 8th post, so I guess I'm the last to post in this thread according to the Board Reader ??? :confused:

quzar
September 26th, 2007, 06:28
Yes, because that is exactly how averages work.

VampDude
September 26th, 2007, 14:14
Yes, because that is exactly how averages work.

The averages, yes. But the actual facts, would be no because if they didn't just add all the threads and multiply/divide by the number of users/posts on the site and actually looked for themselves they would see that the number of posts per thread (on the most popular threads) would exceed 8 by at least 30 to 50+ posts.

Currently there are (as of typing, and eating a bowl of cereal for lunch) 69,738 Threads, 499,693 Posts, and 245,118 Members

There are just under half the amount of members to posts on this site which if I calculate 499,693 divided into 245,118 the calculator would probably state about 2 posts accounted for each member. Which in actual fact a lot of the members don't post, and those that do post quite a lot compared to the calculation of posts to users. And now onto posts to threads, which is what they really calculated and it works out that by posts divided by threads it's just under 8 posts a thread (which is a load of crap) ???

quzar
September 26th, 2007, 16:14
You really need to work on making sense when you post.

VampDude
September 26th, 2007, 17:01
You really need to work on making sense when you post.

It made sense to me, anyway in other words...

...I basically said that from the 69,738 Threads, 499,693 Posts, and 245,118 Members. It doesn't make sense that they're saying that there are 8 posts per user or thread. Then made the calculations, and the calculations work out that they only worked out the post number to the amount of threads which the site post count is just under 8 times that amount.

JKKDARK
September 26th, 2007, 17:23
I've read every topic currently on the front page of off topic. Just because I don't post in them, doesn't mean I don't read them.

Either way, I wasn't saying this was spam, it's extremely interesting and informative. If I thought it was spam it wouldn't be here anymore.

Can anyone say spam?

Ok don't worry, clearly my internet must be broken

quzar
September 26th, 2007, 18:37
It made sense to me, anyway in other words...

...I basically said that from the 69,738 Threads, 499,693 Posts, and 245,118 Members. It doesn't make sense that they're saying that there are 8 posts per user or thread. Then made the calculations, and the calculations work out that they only worked out the post number to the amount of threads which the site post count is just under 8 times that amount.

What I meant was that you didn't seem to have any point. You just reposted the numbers they have on that page, then said that they were correct. That is the only possible way to calculate the average number of posts per thread.

VampDude
September 26th, 2007, 19:20
What I meant was that you didn't seem to have any point. You just reposted the numbers they have on that page, then said that they were correct. That is the only possible way to calculate the average number of posts per thread.

I posted the numbers from the DCEmu main page actually (I didn't know they had the same numbers??? just the 8 post thing???) and made the calculations of what I had seen on the DCEmu main page, and the theory of 8 posts per user/post is stupid although somewhat correct through a calculation (but it's not even close to reality).

quzar
September 26th, 2007, 20:14
I posted the numbers from the DCEmu main page actually (I didn't know they had the same numbers??? just the 8 post thing???) and made the calculations of what I had seen on the DCEmu main page, and the theory of 8 posts per user/post is stupid although somewhat correct through a calculation (but it's not even close to reality).

If you're saying that's now how it really is, then you don't understand averages, and don't realize how many threads there are with 0/1 posts. Check out things like the gizmondo section, or other places where it's basically a bunch of empty news threads that wraggster has made, and you'll change your mind about the average making sense.