PDA

View Full Version : NDS File Explorer - does such a thing exist ?

kermitfrog
September 25th, 2007, 14:56
First my hardware

M3 DS Simply + 1Gb Apacer MicroSD
'Flashed' NDS Lite ('noautoboot' flash)

I'm new to 'Homebrew' etc but what I'm after is a file explorer that's totally customisable

I already have 'Moonshell' for my music & films & TXT files - it's OK but I'll like a little more choice.
What I want is a program that will allow me to define which program to use for the file I'm trying to open

I'm not sure if I'm explaining it right, but what I want is to explore my M3 card, & if I select a TXT file then the program that opens is 'ReadMore Alpha', (which I like because you can hold the DS like a book to read).

If I select a MP3 - then it will launch DSMPlay ('cos i like the 'touchscreen controls)

If I select a DPG - Then it will launch Moonshell

The way to customise the file explorer would be via a 'config.ini' file, that would contain something like

FileExt=DPG
Program=/Moonshel/Moonshell1.71.nds
Icon=/icons/moonshell.bmp

the 'icon' bit is a function I'd like where you can select a set of icons to be displayed on the touch screen as shortcuts to specific programs - for eg I may want 'DSOrganise' to start up (which doesn't have a file ext avaliable so I will not be able to start it if I select a particular file from within the file explorer)

On the subject of DSorganise - is there a way of 'removing' some of the built-in functions, from the screens - I cannot see myself ever using the web browser or IRC, so I'd like to get rid of these from showing on the touchscreen

Thanx in advance from a total newbie

DanTheManMS
September 26th, 2007, 01:47
Sounds a bit like the old Pogoshell for the GBA. Unfortunately, I don't think such a thing exists for the DS. For DSO, I just move the functions I'll never use to the back page, dunno if there's a way to remove them. You can reorder them using the config menu.

TeenDev
September 26th, 2007, 01:57
You could make some plugins for DSO that launched a certain app for each file extension.