PDA

View Full Version : Bricked psp not working with pandora...

ab9003
September 26th, 2007, 00:14
I bought a psp from a friend who said it was bricked and had opened it up before he said. So I gave him 40 bucks and off I went. Now when I brought it home it seems Pandora isn't working for it! I know it isn't my memory stick or bettery because they work just fine when tested on my other psp. The psp seems to work like a brick, green light goes on about a minute later it goes off.

However when I put in pandora the orange memory light and green wifi light are lit and the psp shows the green power light automatically when pandoras in. But as it would with a regular battery the psp turns off on its own several seconds later. Any idea whats wrong with the psp? Its got a Ta-081 motherboard inside it.

If this helps at all I did use the same battery to upgrade my slim to m33 and then it wasnt working for unbricking then (just showed black screen no menu) so I replaced all the kd folder files and etc with the original pandora files and it seemed to go through fine. The battery works on 2 other psps I tried it on.

hooliganbandit
September 26th, 2007, 00:23
you might want to give the extended boot menu a shot. I doubt it will work, but hey, why not?

ab9003
September 26th, 2007, 00:25
Would I need to totally redo it to get the extended boot menu + if not can you show me where I could get it?

ab9003
September 26th, 2007, 00:51
extended boot not doing anything..still same problem, Im using .84 version still works on my other psps though....

hooliganbandit
September 26th, 2007, 01:04
extended boot not doing anything..still same problem, Im using .84 version still works on my other psps though....

my only other advice is to press the screen brightness button. I am not saying this from personal experience but because that advice is given a lot for this kind of problem.

ab9003
September 27th, 2007, 04:51
I tried it, no luck. Ill just have to return it and get my money back :(

Gene
September 27th, 2007, 04:58
I tried it, no luck. Ill just have to return it and get my money back :(

Sell it for parts on ebay. You might make $40 or more. Just make sure you state that you tried using Pandora on it with no luck.