PDA

View Full Version : Help me finish up Frog Feast for the Dreamcast.

cdoty
September 26th, 2007, 08:18
I need people to test the following CD image on their dreamcast machines (especially PAL):
http://www.rastersoft.net/DreamcastDemo.rar

Please post back any problems encountered.

The game is pretty much complete, except the music will be replaced in the final version.

fackue
September 26th, 2007, 20:40
How do you play?

cdoty
September 29th, 2007, 11:03
You can press the 'A button to jump, and left/right to move. It's only a demo of the final product, with the flies diasbled.

fackue
September 29th, 2007, 20:47
You can press the 'A button to jump, and left/right to move. It's only a demo of the final product, with the flies diasbled.
Ah. In that case, it seems to work fine :D.

Eric
August 30th, 2008, 22:26
I wonder if this game was actually released i seen it released for a couple other systems Neo Geo,Sega CD,CDi Im surprised nobody noticed this cause its been around for awhile.

Maturion
December 27th, 2010, 13:21
Sorry to dig up that old topic.... but was this game ever commercially released for Dreamcast?

Christuserloeser
December 27th, 2010, 14:10
Yes, and I bought copy #2 of ??? copies made, but the game got really negative feedback in the community and GoodDealGames closed its doors soon after.

I don't think there are more than 10 copies in circulation.

Maturion
December 28th, 2010, 13:04
I did some research and found out that they were planning to do around 100 copies of Frog Feast for Dreamcast. I remember some topic on the DCS forums which ended up in seriously bad Frog Feast bashing, though. However, I absolutely couldn't find anything on where to buy it these days. Neither the publisher (OlderGames, which is Superfighter Team today) nor RasterSoft mention the Dreamcast version on their website.

Where did you buy it and how much did you pay? Can you suggest me what to do to get it these days? As you already mentioned, Frog Feast didn't sell so well and I'm sure there may be some some copies left.

Christuserloeser
December 28th, 2010, 21:22
Not too long ago I stumbled across the game on some bittorrent tracker, so it is out there.

I doubt there are more than a handful copies made as they were produced on demand (using a CD-R and printed inserts - which was the regular procedure at oldergames from what I know)

Basile
December 28th, 2010, 22:13
Oh , the link is still alive . Seems like fun game .
Christuserloeser so you have full version , can you upload screenshots or video ?

I can see that developer's site is up amd maybe we ahould contact him ?

Maturion
December 31st, 2010, 10:52
I doubt there are more than a handful copies made as they were produced on demand (using a CD-R and printed inserts - which was the regular procedure at oldergames from what I know)

I see. However, before creating my own copy by printing out cover sheets, is there really no possibility to buy Frog Feast these days? I've been researching for a long time, but I couldn't find anyone who's selling it.