PDA

View Full Version : jEnesis DS

digiblast
September 26th, 2007, 17:05
I can't seem to get this to work! I am using it on an r4 cartridge (or am trying to), but I can't get games to work. At the moment, the only game I have on is Shining Force II, and it won't work. I load up jEnesisDS, which works fine, then press select which supposedly continues, but all I get is a blank box.
On the SD card, asides from all of my ds games, I have the jEnesis 0.5 file and the Shining Force II binary. I have read that you need to DLDI patch something or other, but I don't really understand it. Can somebody help?

P.S. First Post!!

ButterBeer121
September 26th, 2007, 22:26
I'm pretty sure that R4 automatically DLDI patches, so you won't have to worry about that. For jEnesisDS, you probably will need a Genesis ROM. Downloading copyrighted ROMs is illegal, and you're not suppose to talk about it on these forums. Use Google to search for "Genesis Homebrew ROMs" and use those. Unfortunately, I have no idea what Shining Force II is, so I won't be able to help much. Does the game have a .nds extension? If it doesn't, then try to look in the download and look for one with the .nds extension.

If I got anything wrong, then please correct me.

DanTheManMS
September 26th, 2007, 22:41
It will only DLDI autopatch if you've upgraded the firmware. Either get the latest R4 firmware or download a manual DLDI patcher like DLDIrc.