PDA

View Full Version : 3.71 m33

ggage
September 26th, 2007, 18:33
Did this end up getting released and if it did, does it work for psp fat?

jak66
September 26th, 2007, 18:39
Did this end up getting released and if it did, does it work for psp fat?

Yes. Yes.

kalhalla
September 26th, 2007, 19:24
Can anyone fill me in on what happened while I was gone. I kinda lost interest in PSP scene for a while, then I lost my charger, so I was like missing out on all PSP news for quite a while.

Once I came back, DAX left the scene (again) and this M33 was the new hype. What's good about it? And is it really worth upgrading to? I'm on 3.40 OE-A right now, and I'm really happy with it, and I don't wanna render my PSP useless to any POTENTIAL further OE / SE firmwares.

So can someone like lemme know what happened while I was gone? I heard DAX was back for a bit as well. Did he help out M33 team at all? Fill me in please!!! I was living under a rock for a while.

Lwiggy
September 26th, 2007, 20:18
When upgrading there is always a chance a bricking, but in this new m33 3.71 there seems to be many bricks been reported on different forums, just wait for the M33 3.71 - 1 or 3.71 - 2,,,,,,, DAX made four updates in 3.51 because of bugs and thats quite alot, i would stick with OE for now psp lovers;)

Cloudhunter
September 26th, 2007, 23:25
When upgrading there is always a chance a bricking, but in this new m33 3.71 there seems to be many bricks been reported on different forums, just wait for the M33 3.71 - 1 or 3.71 - 2,,,,,,, DAX made four updates in 3.51 because of bugs and thats quite alot, i would stick with OE for now psp lovers;)

People have only bricked because they messed around with the flash. Don't mess around with the flash, no problem :)

PS: Why make a point to post this in every thread? o.O

Cloudy

dette
October 15th, 2007, 21:06
3.71 M33 is a great CFW
the bricking people are talknig about is from HUMAN error not the firmware
and people trying to install Themes via flash0
the VSH menu is very nice and theres a lot of new options
so if your worried about bricking you shouldnt be so much
there of course a chance
but i have successfully installed 3.03 0E -B, 3.52 M33 -4, 3.71 m33 -2 on my PSP Phat
and 3.60 M33, 3.71 M33 -2 on my PSP Slim
yeah its just human mistakes that makes the brick...

Some features of 3.71 M33 -2:
because kalhalla wanted to know i think? or why to upgrade

Ok
So id upgrade to 3.71 m33 -2 if you can because its really worth it
you can use "backup" ISO's and CSO's of course like OE
You can use themes that dont write to Flash0 unless there made for 3.71 m33 to write to the flash
you can use all the new games of course
it can be installed on PSP Slim after using pandora's battery to get to 3.60 m33( you can use it directly with pandora i think but i havent tried it i just did it with 3.60 m33)
theres a VSH menu when you press Select it brings up an onscreen menu (not while you playing games) and you can edit XMB CPU Speed and UMD/ISO CPU Speed, you can changed the USB to Flash memory or UMD Disk to make Backup ISO's or your Memory Stick (default) you can do a couple more things but those are the main.
theres of course the recovery menu and you can do all the stuff you can with the VSH menu but you can also of course "recover" back to a different firmware if you have a semi brick or if you just want to revert back to a different fw or cfw
and theres a 1.50 kernel addon for PSP Phat to run 1.50 kernel homebrew and make Pandora
the great things that i use it for is to change the CPU speed on Slim so that my ISO's and UMD's go about twice as fast as normal :)

theres some basic info about 3.71 m33 if i missed anything feel free to correct me

Lwiggy
October 17th, 2007, 16:37
3.71 M33 is a great CFW
the bricking people are talknig about is from HUMAN error not the firmware
and people trying to install Themes via flash0
the VSH menu is very nice and theres a lot of new options
so if your worried about bricking you shouldnt be so much
there of course a chance
but i have successfully installed 3.03 0E -B, 3.52 M33 -4, 3.71 m33 -2 on my PSP Phat
and 3.60 M33, 3.71 M33 -2 on my PSP Slim
yeah its just human mistakes that makes the brick...

Some features of 3.71 M33 -2:
because kalhalla wanted to know i think? or why to upgrade

Ok
So id upgrade to 3.71 m33 -2 if you can because its really worth it
you can use "backup" ISO's and CSO's of course like OE
You can use themes that dont write to Flash0 unless there made for 3.71 m33 to write to the flash
you can use all the new games of course
it can be installed on PSP Slim after using pandora's battery to get to 3.60 m33( you can use it directly with pandora i think but i havent tried it i just did it with 3.60 m33)
theres a VSH menu when you press Select it brings up an onscreen menu (not while you playing games) and you can edit XMB CPU Speed and UMD/ISO CPU Speed, you can changed the USB to Flash memory or UMD Disk to make Backup ISO's or your Memory Stick (default) you can do a couple more things but those are the main.
theres of course the recovery menu and you can do all the stuff you can with the VSH menu but you can also of course "recover" back to a different firmware if you have a semi brick or if you just want to revert back to a different fw or cfw
and theres a 1.50 kernel addon for PSP Phat to run 1.50 kernel homebrew and make Pandora
the great things that i use it for is to change the CPU speed on Slim so that my ISO's and UMD's go about twice as fast as normal :)

theres some basic info about 3.71 m33 if i missed anything feel free to correct me

Dont need to flash on 3.71 for themes just add ptf.

hodgy47
October 17th, 2007, 18:25
Dont need to flash on 3.71 for themes just add ptf.

PTF themes still flash to flash1 but they are meant to thats why there's no risk of bricking

dette
October 17th, 2007, 20:06
oh woops... i thought i mentions PTF's but guess not... thanks for the reminder though :P

Grayfox007
October 18th, 2007, 05:38
I recently updated to 3.71 and now my buttons don't work on games for some reason. Any ideas on what's wrong? Everything works fine on the XMB, just not trying to play games.

dette
October 18th, 2007, 06:51
maybe a idstorage corruption?
idk to be honest
maybe you should err try like downgrading and re upgrading