PDA

View Full Version : PSP Network Update 1.52+

tanner090
July 6th, 2005, 05:52
Questions about the highly anticipated update including email and a browser.

tanner090
July 6th, 2005, 05:55
Sorry, didnt know what i was thinking up there. Well ive been hearing about this leaked file on the internet which included hints to the next update that will be released on the psp. It included chat, browsing, email, word processing, text the voice program and voice chat. This will all be possible and useful when the Logic3 keyboard is released on Sept. 30th. This thread is for if youve heard anything more about the file, when it will be released and any info on the keyboard. Please included screenshots of either.

Thanx Tanner

sarla1596
July 6th, 2005, 20:33
does anyone think this new update will basically kill the chance of having working emulators on ur psp? b/c its a hard decision to sacrafice the emulators for all the awesome shit the new update will have and vise versa, will it just be a matter of time before someone cracks the 1.52?? what do u people think?

SaRlA

Kaiser
July 6th, 2005, 22:49
does anyone think this new update will basically kill the chance of having working emulators on ur psp? b/c its a hard decision to sacrafice the emulators for all the awesome shit the new update will have and vise versa, will it just be a matter of time before someone cracks the 1.52?? what do u people think?

SaRlA

As said before everything can/will be cracked. Only reason 1.5X versions have not been hacked is because there is little demand as most people have 1.5. As soon as A great game witha a forced update on it comes out a new crack will be made as so many psp users will bite the bullet for the this.

tanner090
July 7th, 2005, 02:40
Well since Sony isnt dumb i think that by having us tempted by all the new features but they will amke sure that you cant play the emulators on it. But as everything so far it will be cracked. I'm just really excited because i think in the next 3-4 months the psp could replace my destop computer.

sarla1596
July 7th, 2005, 04:02
well if you ask me Sonys doing a damn good job tempting me to update mine to 1.52 when it comes out, if it has what it says itll have itll be like having a personal computer basically.

CannedSoup
July 7th, 2005, 06:06
I'd update for all those features anyday.

sarla1596
July 7th, 2005, 07:17
so your sayin youd EASILY give up having portable emulators and shit like that for the features the 1.52 might possibly have?? i couldnt do it so easliy

PsPmad
July 7th, 2005, 23:37
so your sayin youd EASILY give up having portable emulators and shit like that for the features the 1.52 might possibly have?? i couldnt do it so easliy

i dont think u would think of upgrading these r really big upgrades like browse without
Wipe out damb comon but im just remembering it just a rumer so i beter not put my hopes up

(-:___PsPmad___:-)

sarla1596
July 8th, 2005, 03:42
but how often are u gonna be out of home and feel the need to go on the internet to look up somethin, i think most people are lookin at these features as just something really cool and not looking at the overall picture on how often ur personally gonna need somethin like that, besides your also gonna need to be in a place that has wireless lan which isnt gonna be anywhere u go, that is unless u live in a big city. and also with this keyboard attachment the PSP is getting less and less "pocket friendly", i mean u might as well just have a damn laptop itd be more user friendly than a PSP with a small ass keyboard and a mouse thatll prolly be function by the D pad or analog, i mean dont get me wrong i think these features sound amazingly awesome but im just not 100% sure i wanna risk losing my emulators and shit for somethin i may barely ever use. hopefully WAB or the excutor teams can release some software thatd allow downgrading of firmware, id feel alot more at ease that way

SaRlA

gamehunter101
July 15th, 2005, 19:52
sony has found aways to stop emulators,mods for the psp dont update your firmware keep it at 1.5 or 1

shadow77
July 15th, 2005, 20:33
As said before everything can/will be cracked. Only reason 1.5X versions have not been hacked is because there is little demand as most people have 1.5. As soon as A great game witha a forced update on it comes out a new crack will be made as so many psp users will bite the bullet for the this.

Yeah.. everything can be cracked, but doesn't mean that it will. Took years before the Gamecube was modded, and there are protections out there that still haven't been cracked for years. Same thing could happen with the PSP if Sony made a good enough protection scheme.

Most of the things in this update could probably be recreated by someone. Ex. a homebrew Web browser.

Also if you've got a 1.5, bypassing the firmware update nag on UMD games will be MUCH easier than trying to do it with a 1.5+.

Anyone who wants to keep running homebrew, you really should not update.

uselessgamer
July 18th, 2005, 08:19
my psp says i have the 1.52 vision i dont know if u all have it too but i do know that thare is not true change not that i can see but then again im not that good at all this programing, hack and ya

gamehunter101
July 18th, 2005, 19:05
u donot want to update to 1.52 because sony has found aways to stop the psp hacks using it it just a minor update