PDA

View Full Version : A cool piece of software I found recently

VampDude
September 26th, 2007, 23:40
Although it's not even new (and it was published a year ago tomorrow), Aaron's Web Vacuum is a cool piece of software and the best part is that it's FREE. Whoever is reading this thread right now is probably wondering why I'm even making a thread about a piece of software, and this isn't just a piece of software which that much and more I can tell you. I downloaded the software from a site that many people will be familiar with called Tucows (http://www.tucows.com/index.html) which has some cool freeware including WinZip and other titles you may be familiar with, anyway before I get too boring writing this thread I just thought that I'd share my discovery. Aaron's Web Vacuum is a cool piece of software because it downloads entire contents of web pages, whether it be the page itself the background image or anything else on that page...

...And heres why I think this piece of software is really cool, I inserted a link to a PSP sites download page (psp-hacks) and to my suprise it downloaded all the files within 9 levels of that page (staying within the site) which I found really cool as I now have every homebrew game and application plus everything else PSP-download-wise from that sites download pages. I'm currently using it to download Dreamcast homebrew now which is quite amazing, because I'm not even on that site and it's taking everything! :D

I'm amazed, I love this piece of software because it's doing all the work of downloading everything for me :thumbup:

Download it: here (http://www.tucows.com/preview/193817)

I recommend this to anyone who is looking to download every homebrew application for their favorite consoles (just like me) without any effort whatsoever, I'm aiming it at the DCEmu download section next cause there are some cool homebrew titles I'm missing out on (and I want it all) :)

---

I want to know about other peoples cool software discoveries (preferably FREEWARE) and where to get it (no ROMS Torrents or Warez as they're not cool), because maybe someone has made a better discovery than me :cool:

DarthPaul
September 27th, 2007, 16:26
Damn VampDude, this is great! Thanks for sharing it, I love you!!!

I have many cool "discoveries", I'll share them as soon as I get into my PC.[where I have them]

Edit: Here I have this neat application, I downloaded it recently. It's called Direct Download (http://rapidshare.com/files/57000692/SenBit.Download.Direct.v1.04-CFF.zip), I hope you don't know about it.. :( Well with it you can accelerate your downloads, pause and resume downloads at any time, preview music and movies while downloading, you can add your web-browsers so it is your default download manager... But the greatest feature I found in it[which I didn't know before downloading it], is that you can use it to download files from sites that have download limit, like for example Rapidshare; if you're not a Premium User and you download something, you have to wait some time before you can download another file. And with this, you can download stuff from Rapidshare without that limit. :)

I don't know if this is Warez or something bad, I guess not. :confused: If it is, please tell me.

VampDude
October 1st, 2007, 18:29
Damn VampDude, this is great! Thanks for sharing it, I love you!!!

I have many cool "discoveries", I'll share them as soon as I get into my PC.[where I have them]

Edit: Here I have this neat application, I downloaded it recently. It's called Direct Download (No File), I hope you don't know about it.. :( Well with it you can accelerate your downloads, pause and resume downloads at any time, preview music and movies while downloading, you can add your web-browsers so it is your default download manager... But the greatest feature I found in it[which I didn't know before downloading it], is that you can use it to download files from sites that have download limit, like for example Rapidshare; if you're not a Premium User and you download something, you have to wait some time before you can download another file. And with this, you can download stuff from Rapidshare without that limit. :)

I don't know if this is Warez or something bad, I guess not. :confused: If it is, please tell me.

Thats a cool piece of software, but I would recommend you taking the link away as I just read the .nfo file and it says the software is cracked (I think that if a piece of software is cracked it's a ware, I may be wrong). I don't have a limit on Rapidshare, I think maybe because I buy mine every 3-6 months and premium users don't have limits...

...Anyhow, another cool piece of (freeware) software I found recently is Sothink Movie DVD Maker which is a FREEWARE program that allows you to convert video files to different formats and to create DVD's from your video's. It can be downloaded HERE (http://www.snapfiles.com/get/sothinkmoviedvd.html), I rate Sothink Movie DVD Maker above some of the other DVD creators/video converters as unlike some programs that are FREEWARE for a certain amount of time before being forced to buy it this one stays FREE :)

kcajblue
October 2nd, 2007, 00:35
what formats can it convert.
cause ive been looking for video converters.

and whats the quality on it.

SSaxdude
October 2nd, 2007, 00:42
I've used ConvertXtoDVD for converting all my video files to DVD. It's not freeware, but it rules.

VampDude
October 2nd, 2007, 06:27
what formats can it convert.
cause ive been looking for video converters.

and whats the quality on it.

I haven't used it to convert any video formats yet, but the quality of the DVD I created the other day was quite good when I created and burned direct to DVD but the one I made yesterday into a DVD folder to be burned when I had more time failed.

For a (freeware) video converter, (although I've downloaded but not tried it) try this one:

http://softdepo.com/video_converter.htm