PDA

View Full Version : Help with Beup 0.3e: Searching, Authenticating, Failed? WiFi works everywhere else!

fraseyboy
September 27th, 2007, 03:27
The latest version of Beup (0.3e) is not working on my DS Lite with a EZFlash V :(

I installed all the files correctly, and made WiFi settings in Metroid Prime Hunters, but it still won't work.
When I go in it just says:

Connecting using firmware setup:
Searching... (doesn't do this for long)
Authenticating... (Hangs here for a couple of minutes)
Cannot Connect.

I can connect and play in every other game and the DS web browser, but not this.

Anyone know why it's doing this and how to fix it?

XioN980
September 27th, 2007, 11:50
im not sure if the dswifi libs have been updated for the newer lites yet dude

just use a web based messenger

fraseyboy
September 27th, 2007, 22:40

Aah... Didn't know that. I'll stick to e-messenger until some smart coder fixes it. :thumbup:

Thanks for the help :D

ButterBeer121
September 28th, 2007, 00:26
Have you tried DSOrganize (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75426)?

fraseyboy
September 29th, 2007, 00:42
Have you tried DSOrganize (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75426)?

It doesn't seem to work... It fails to connect.

fraseyboy
October 2nd, 2007, 07:41

But it says on the Beup Changelog for 0.3d

"Beup Live 0.3d.
Beup supports now DLDI and will also work now with new DS Lite's."

So there's no reason why it shouldnt' work...

Katsuya
October 4th, 2007, 22:45
I've had the same problem with Beup as well and my DS connects to other WiFi things like WFC and such but it doesn't do it for some homebrew apps. Could it be the coding itself? (Don't jump down my throat it's just a suggestion)

fraseyboy
October 4th, 2007, 23:45
Dunno... I emailed the creator asking if its a known problem and have no reply so far.

euqiddis
October 11th, 2007, 17:42
fraserboy, there is a new dswifi that has been released that will allow homebrew to connect to wifi, we just have to wait for beup to be updated to use the newest version. see the latest version of colors and test to see if that works.