PDA

View Full Version : Outrageous Prices!

YourStillWithMe
July 6th, 2005, 10:04
I was on a website the other day and they have certain umd movies such as pirates of the carribbean for 25 or Dodgeball-A true underdog story. Why would anyon pay more $ for a cmovie liek that if they can get it on the big screen for cheaper and better quality, sound, and more special features. Is Sony retarded? I mean 20.00 is bearable but 25? get off me Sony!

123soleil
July 6th, 2005, 10:19
- a normal video game, you play every day for many hours (about 50hours altogether). price: 60$
- a normal cd, you listen to maybe 3x a week for about half a year (about 75hours). Price: 20$
- a normal dvd, you watch what? maybe three times a year? (about 6 hours). price 30$

conclusion: dvds aren't that good a deal in the first place. Yes, movies do cost more money to make than music or video games, but they make most of their money in the cinemas anyway, not dvds.

normal price for a dvd shouldn't be more than 15-20$. normal price for a UMD should be 5-10$ considering that it's obviously much more limited than a dvd. I agree 100%, sony is way off on this one and appareantly they haven't learned anything from that minidisc fiasco (albums were also available on minidiscs at the same price as cds, sales never took off)

leggy
July 11th, 2005, 09:21
No wonder there is such a big market in pirated dvd's - the prices for legit ones are crazy!

PSP_Newbie
July 11th, 2005, 12:02
its much better i'd say to just get a big memory card and convert as many dvd's as u want to watch on psp(at different times of course tho, u can put em all on at same time), 15-25 bucks is way to much for a movie u wont much too much just for the psp